Items seem to be not fully initialised when rules are executed

Hi there,

my items seem to not be fully initialized when the rules are executed.
After starting up Openhab2, when my rules are executed, I get ‘item x cannot be found’ error messages.
Which item can’t be found varies from time to time.
The problem is that the respecting rule with the error stops working completely.
Interestingly, when I then edit the rules file and do a dummy change, the rules file is refreshed and the rules start working properly.
It seems that the rules are executed at an too early stage. I do not use system startup rules, my rules are only triggered on item changes or by cron pattern.

I use Openhab2 beta 3, but I had the same behaviour in older snapshots.

Thanks for your help!
Axel

1 Like

Same problem here also for ‘System started’ rules.
Any advices so far? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Some logs:
Caused by ‘System started’ rule

2016-09-04 10:19:47.397 [INFO ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Not delegating update 'ALLSENS_ARMED' for item 'SIRENE_ARM_STATE' to handler for channel 'homematic:HM-Sec-Sir-WM:92859b7c:NEQ0510649:4#ARMSTATE', because thing is not initialized (must be in status ONLINE or OFFLINE).

Caused by executing the rule a way too early (implicit triggered by a System started rule):

2016-09-04 10:19:47.357 [ERROR] [.script.engine.ScriptExecutionThread] - Rule 'my rule': An error occured during the script execution: The name 'sendBroadcastNotification(<XStringLiteralImpl>)' cannot be resolved to an item or type.