I've got issues! (with REST API I think)

  • Platform information:
    • Hardware: Mini ITX AMD-E350 4GbRAM 60Gb HD
    • OS: Debian 9
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_181”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-2~deb9u1-b13)
      OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 2.4

I recently made some changes to mqtt-eventbus.cfg, mqtt.cfg and set up mail.cfg which seems to have resulted in a meltdown/runaway item update situation whereby hundreds of events were appearing in tail -f /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log /var/log/openhab2/events.log. Rather concerned I then backed out all the changes, rebooted and managed to stabilise the situation.
I then updated Openhab and Debian V9 O/S.

However, I now have REST API issues (i think).
My Node-Red nodes are updating weather items happily but I keep getting the following;

The errors then clear on next update and correct values appear, then it repeats etc etc. I also now have “Offline: waiting for connection to become available” appearing (then disappearing) in Basic UI (Chrome on Win10)

Syslog entry:

roller:Openhab] Requesting URI http://openhab:(mypsswd)@192.168.1.202:8080/rest/items/ with method GET
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]: 1 Jan 11:57:42 - [info] [openhab-v2-controller:Openhab] Event {
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:   type: Error: connection ended
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/home/openhab/.node-red/node_modules/@joeybaker/eventsource/lib/eventsource
.js:133:28)
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at emitNone (events.js:111:20)
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:208:7)
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1064:12)
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:139:11)
Jan  1 11:57:42 Openhab Node-RED[5264]:     at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:181:9) }

I’m pressing on trying to find root cause but any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

From the logs;

2019-01-01 13:26:32.531 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - No deployment change.
2019-01-01 13:26:32.532 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Stopping bundles:
2019-01-01 13:26:32.533 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - swagger-jersey2-jaxrs/1.5.8.v20160511-1038
2019-01-01 13:26:32.535 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - reflections/0.9.10.v20160429-1435
2019-01-01 13:26:32.537 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - io.swagger.jaxrs/1.5.8
2019-01-01 13:26:32.539 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.provider.swagger/1.1.1.201605111122
2019-01-01 13:26:32.549 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Refreshing bundles:
2019-01-01 13:26:32.550 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.provider.swagger/1.1.1.201605111122 (Wired to io.swagger.jaxrs/1.5.8 which is being refreshed)
2019-01-01 13:26:32.550 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - io.swagger.jaxrs/1.5.8 (Wired to reflections/0.9.10.v20160429-1435 which is being refreshed)
2019-01-01 13:26:32.550 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - reflections/0.9.10.v20160429-1435 (Should be wired to: com.google.guava/18.0.0 (through [reflections/0.9.10.v20160429-1435] osgi.wiring.package; resolution:=optional; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=com.google.common.base)"))
2019-01-01 13:26:32.551 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - swagger-jersey2-jaxrs/1.5.8.v20160511-1038 (Wired to io.swagger.jaxrs/1.5.8 which is being refreshed)
2019-01-01 13:26:32.621 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Done.

This is occurring every minute. Uninstalled REST Documentation Binding and issue has gone. Re-installed and it returns again…

I have uninstalled for now while I try and find a solution.