Java Exceptions at Startup with the Experimental Rules Engine

Platform Information

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B+
  • Java Runtime Environment:
  • openjdk version “11.0.7” 2020-04-14
  • OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.7+10-post-Raspbian-3deb10u1)
  • OpenJDK Server VM (build 11.0.7+10-post-Raspbian-3deb10u1, mixed mode)
  • openHAB 2.5.5 (Release Build)

Hello openHAB Community,

I am trying to migrate to the Next Generation Rules Engine using Jython. I originally tried to Beta test the Jython addon with helper libraries. However, I’m throwing Java exceptions at startup. Does anyone have any suggestions?

However, that failed at startup as I recieved errors similar to:

[ERROR] [le.script.scriptenginefactory.jython] - bundle org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython:2.5.0.202001221001 (313)[org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython.JythonScriptEngineFactory(295)] :  Error during instantiation of the implementation object

Thinking this was a problem with the Beta help libraries, I stopped openHAB and deleted the bundle from /usr/share/openhab2/addon I then tried following the directions here for the non-Beta.

https://openhab-scripters.github.io/openhab-helper-libraries/Getting%20Started/Installation.html

However, was still getting the error.

[ERROR] [le.script.scriptenginefactory.jython] - bundle org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython:2.5.0.202001221001 (313)[org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython.JythonScriptEngineFactory(295)] :  Error during instantiation of the implementation object

I uninstalled the “Rules Engine (Experimental)” using the PaperUI, and restarted openHAB. However, I got the following.

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.scriptenginefactory.jython [313]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.automation.module.script; version="[2.5.0,3.0.0)"

Next, I uninstalled the bundle using the Karaf console, stopped openHAB, and cleared the cache (sudo openhab-cli clean-cache), but now I’m getting the following.

[ERROR] [penhab.core.automation.module.script] - bundle org.openhab.core.automation.module.script:2.5.0 (238)[org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl(222)] : The addScriptEngineFactory method ha
s thrown an exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/script/ScriptEngineFactory
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClass(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.findBootstrapClassOrNull(ClassLoader.java:1258) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.System$2.findBootstrapClassOrNull(System.java:2131) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$BootClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(ClassLoaders.java:118) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(BuiltinClassLoader.java:616) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:579) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.ContextFinder.loadClass(ContextFinder.java:127) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:398) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyClassPathLookupIterator.nextProviderClass(ServiceLoader.java:1209) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyClassPathLookupIterator.hasNextService(ServiceLoader.java:1220) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyClassPathLookupIterator.hasNext(ServiceLoader.java:1264) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ServiceLoader$2.hasNext(ServiceLoader.java:1299) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.ServiceLoader$3.hasNext(ServiceLoader.java:1384) ~[?:?]
	at javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.initEngines(ScriptEngineManager.java:123) ~[java.scripting:?]
	at javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.init(ScriptEngineManager.java:87) ~[java.scripting:?]
	at javax.script.ScriptEngineManager.<init>(ScriptEngineManager.java:62) ~[java.scripting:?]
	at org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.ScriptEngineFactory.<clinit>(ScriptEngineFactory.java:35) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.AbstractScriptEngineFactory.getScriptTypes(AbstractScriptEngineFactory.java:42) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.core.automation.module.script.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl.addScriptEngineFactory(ScriptEngineManagerImpl.java:63) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.invokeMethod(BaseMethod.java:228) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.access$500(BaseMethod.java:41) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod$Resolved.invoke(BaseMethod.java:664) ~[bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BaseMethod.invoke(BaseMethod.java:510) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BindMethod.invoke(BindMethod.java:42) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:1813) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.bindDependency(DependencyManager.java:1637) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.bind(DependencyManager.java:1624) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createImplementationObject(SingleComponentManager.java:307) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createComponent(SingleComponentManager.java:114) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:982) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:955) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:900) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse$1.run(ServiceFactoryUse.java:212) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.factoryGetService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:210) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.getService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:111) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceConsumer$2.getService(ServiceConsumer.java:45) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:508) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:461) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:624) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at com.eclipsesource.jaxrs.publisher.internal.ResourceTracker.addingService(ResourceTracker.java:39) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:941) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdding(ServiceTracker.java:870) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding(AbstractTracked.java:256) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:229) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:901) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:920) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:469) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:906) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:892) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:128) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:959) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:732) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:1045) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$SingleStaticCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:999) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1216) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1137) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:944) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:880) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1168) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:125) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:109) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:920) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:862) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:801) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:127) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:225) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:469) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:906) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:892) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:128) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:959) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:732) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:666) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:432) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:665) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:338) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:382) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:49) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:264) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:482) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:415) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:444) [osgi.core-6.0.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:908) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:213) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:120) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:112) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:168) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:476) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:467) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

Using the Karaf console again, I see this.

openhab> bundle:list | grep Automation
236 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Automation
237 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Automation Media Modules
238 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Automation Script Modules
239 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Automation Script RuleSupport
240 │ Active │  80 │ 2.5.0                   │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Automation REST API

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to solve the issue? Ideally, I’d like to experiment with the Beta that I originally tried to install.

Regards,
Burzin

Upfront: use code fences please.

Do you mean Raspbian ?

We do not recommend neither to use Oracle OpenJDK nor Java 11.
Can’t tell for sure but that’s likely to cause your problems.

As you have a RPi, why don’t you use openHABian ? It has a validated OS/Java combo.

Hi Markus,

Thanks for responding Raspbian and Raspberry Pi OS are synonymous, with Raspberry Pi OS being the new name. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi_OS

Thanks for the tip on Java. I will take a look at that now.

Regards,
Burzin

Java 11 was apparently the problem. I installed zulu-embeded 8 and everything appears to be in order

@5iver have you tried any Java11 with Jython ?
If not, there’s an opportunity now :wink:

Yes, but best to use 2.7.2. BTW, I was wondering why you suggest to people not to use OpenJDK? It has flawlessly for me with OH.

Well, cannot answer that with a single reason right away.
It used to have a couple of quirks and we switched to Azul Zulu in openHABian long ago … we haven’t been using OpenJDK for ages since so do not have experiences to share hence cannot recommend. You’re then the only one I know of to use it. Remember we’re talking RPi. This post here was the first in a long time to use it I heard of, it’s the target configuration of openHABian, and it failed right away.
So sort of a proof to our strategy (of course it’s just a single instance).
Also, with Oracle there’s always licensing/support issues that may apply to some people.

I have tried these verisions for windows10:

IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
IMPLEMENTOR_VERSION="18.9"
JAVA_VERSION="11"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2018-09-25"
OS_ARCH="x86_64"
OS_NAME="Windows"
SOURCE=".:76072a077ee1"

BUILD_TYPE="commercial"
IMPLEMENTOR="Oracle Corporation"
IMPLEMENTOR_VERSION="18.9"
JAVA_VERSION="11.0.5"
JAVA_VERSION_DATE="2019-10-15"
OS_ARCH="x86_64"
OS_NAME="Windows"
SOURCE=".:09ea33df257b open:b4140fc50ca7"

None of these versions works. Openhab even does not start so I can’t see anything from openhab.log.
I use this version openHAB 2.5.6 Build #135 with jython-standalone-2.7.0.
2.7.2 does not work for me.
Curent version what works for me is:

BUILD_TYPE="commercial"
JAVA_VERSION="1.8.0_231"
OS_NAME="Windows"
OS_VERSION="5.2"
OS_ARCH="amd64"

Try installing Zulu for windows.

As I said, you will need to use the beta Jython addon, but I have not yet provided a jar that uses Jython 2.7.2. I have split the addon into two, to separate the libraries, and will provide an uipdate this weekend.

[I’ve sent you a PM with a preview}

I have tried Zulu: zulu11.39.15-ca-jre11.0.7-win_x64
But it stops at the end of a strange message:

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jboss.netty.util.internal.ByteBufferUtil (file:/C:/openhab2/userdata/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/275/0/.cp/lib/netty-3.9.0.Final.jar) to method java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.cleaner()

Therefore I cleaned tmp and catch folders and restarted twice but same issue happened.
Below the full log if it helps.

Launching the openHAB runtime...
org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [org.ops4j.pax.url.commons.handler.HandlerActivator] DEBUG : Handler for protocols [wrap] started

__  _____    ____
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  |
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/
    /_/                        2.5.6-SNAPSHOT
                               Build #135

Hit '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
Hit '<ctrl-d>' or type 'system:shutdown' or 'logout' to shutdown openHAB.

openhab> Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported auth scheme: [Basic realm="gSOAP Web Service"]
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.digest.DigestAuthenticator.findDigestHeader(DigestAuthenticator.java:199)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.digest.DigestAuthenticator.authenticate(DigestAuthenticator.java:164)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.CachingAuthenticatorDecorator.authenticate(CachingAuthenticatorDecorator.java:35)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.followUpRequest(RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.kt:213)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.intercept(RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.kt:102)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.kt:112)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.kt:87)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.AuthenticationCacheInterceptor.intercept(AuthenticationCacheInterceptor.java:49)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.kt:112)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RealInterceptorChain.proceed(RealInterceptorChain.kt:87)
        at okhttp3.RealCall.getResponseWithInterceptorChain(RealCall.kt:184)
        at okhttp3.RealCall$AsyncCall.run(RealCall.kt:136)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported auth scheme: [Basic realm="gSOAP Web Service"]
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.digest.DigestAuthenticator.findDigestHeader(DigestAuthenticator.java:199)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.digest.DigestAuthenticator.authenticate(DigestAuthenticator.java:164)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.CachingAuthenticatorDecorator.authenticate(CachingAuthenticatorDecorator.java:35)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.followUpRequest(RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.kt:213)
        at okhttp3.internal.http.RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.intercept(RetryAndFollowUpInterceptor.kt:102)
        at com.burgstaller.okhttp.AuthenticationCacheInterceptor.intercept(AuthenticationCacheInterceptor.java:49)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported auth scheme: [Basic realm="gSOAP Web Service"]
openhab> WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.jboss.netty.util.internal.ByteBufferUtil (file:/C:/openhab2/userdata/cache/org.eclipse.osgi/275/0/.cp/lib/netty-3.9.0.Final.jar) to method java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.cleaner()
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jboss.netty.util.internal.ByteBufferUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

__  _____    ____
                               Build #135

openhab> Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" Exception in thread "OkHttp Dispatcher" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unsupported auth scheme: [Basic realm="gSOAP Web Service"]
openhab>
org.ops4j.pax.url.wrap [org.ops4j.pax.url.commons.handler.HandlerActivator] DEBUG : Handler for protocols [wrap] started

__  _____    ____
                               Build #135

openhab> WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.jboss.netty.util.internal.ByteBufferUtil
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Java 11 is not fully supported for openHAB 2 try using Java 8.

I know and I use Java 8. Request was to try Java 11 and I did.

Ah, ok. This is not the first time that there have been issues with the Experimental Rule Engine and Java 11.