It is not something people will run into often, if at all, but I’m posting in case someone is looking for why it might be happening to them. I’ve run into this error a couple times now, especially in my test scripts, which I just comment out and save for later reference. This error occurs when your scripts have more than 99,999 characters, even if they are in comments. To fix it, remove some things from the script and start a new one. This affects all scripting languages.
@5iver I’m glad you posted this, and that I was able to find it! Didn’t have much success on the googles, thankfully the openhab community came through. I have a pretty large script that is basically a module I wrote for another application that I also use in openhab. Over the years its gotten pretty unwieldy and it finally exceeded 99,999 characters! I removed some code that doesn’t apply to openhab and I’m back in business. Thank you!