JDBC / MariaDB-Binding, frequent warnings since update to oh4.1

I use a external MySQL/MariaDB for persisting the daily power consumption.
These values are written once per day and read on a need base, eg. for creating a chart.
This solution is working pretty stable for me.

But since update to oh4.1 I get frequently warnings for inactivitiy and disconnects.
In the versions before I never faced this issue.
Is there any configuration parameter to get rid of the warning message?
The MySQL-DB is hosted by an external vendor. Therefore I cannot configure it on server-site.

2024-01-03 13:28:50.773 [WARN ] [iadb.jdbc.message.server.ErrorPacket] - Error: 4031-HY000: The client was disconnected by the server because of inactivity. See wait_timeout and interactive_timeout for configuring this behavior.
2024-01-03 13:28:50.787 [WARN ] [iadb.jdbc.message.server.ErrorPacket] - Error: 4031-HY000: The client was disconnected by the server because of inactivity. See wait_timeout and interactive_timeout for configuring this behavior.
2024-01-03 13:51:23.486 [WARN ] [iadb.jdbc.message.server.ErrorPacket] - Error: 4031-HY000: The client was disconnected by the server because of inactivity. See wait_timeout and interactive_timeout for configuring this behavior.
2024-01-03 13:51:23.493 [WARN ] [iadb.jdbc.message.server.ErrorPacket] - Error: 4031-HY000: The client was disconnected by the server because of inactivity. See wait_timeout and interactive_timeout for configuring this behavior.

Thx in advance , O.

which ones have been the versions you used before ?
Some users do regular updates others one in a few years. So just writting “the versions before” might not be specific enough to check for changes in the software source code between these versions .

As far as these ( wait_timeout and interactive_timeout ) are parameters that are configured on the server site and as long as they cannot be changed it would be good to know them to judge if they are a problem.

As far as I understand reading is not a problem because the connection is established and the values are read. As far as I understand the problem may be the case when a connection is established once and it needs to wait 24 hours to write to the database.

Did you try to create a dummy item that is updated every n minutes just to keep the connection open ?

The binding source seem to contain a configuration parameter that is called idleTimeout. But I do not know if this will work.

Dear Wolfgang,

thx for your replay.

oh4.0.4

As far as these ( wait_timeout and interactive_timeout ) are parameters that are configured on the server site and as long as they cannot be changed it would be good to know them to judge if they are a problem.

wait_timeout = 600sec , interactive_timeout 28.800

As far as I understand reading is not a problem because the connection is established and the values are read. As far as I understand the problem may be the case when a connection is established once and it needs to wait 24 hours to write to the database.

As well writing as well reading is working. My problem are the warnigs and probalbly unnecessary disconnects.

Did you try to create a dummy item that is updated every n minutes just to keep the connection open ?
The binding source seem to contain a configuration parameter that is called idleTimeout. But I do not know if this will work.

No, seems for me the wong approach because in the past I got no warnings - i.e. there must be a configuration avoiding these warnings.

Yes., idleTimeout - I already looked for some information. But I have to admit - I made no progress. That’s the reason I opened this thread.

In case everything is working what about just filtering the warnings ?