Json db missing some items?

Today I added two new lights to my openhab 2.0: one switch and one Fibaro Dimmer 2.

I have linked items and can control the dimmer and switch just fine from the openhab UI.

I then want Google Home to be able to control them via Hue Emulation so I stop openhab, edit the file org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.Item.json and add tag “Lighting” and a label for the switch. It then works fine with Google Home.

But I can not find the dimmer anywhere in this file. What am I missing?
My other light switches are there and can be edited.

Not sure if I am confused of the workings of Paper UI or if there is actually a bug.

When I have Simple Mode enabled for Item Linking in the system configuration, the items are not added to the file org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.Item.json.
But when I now disable Simple Mode and link items manually (but with all naming etc using the defaults) the items actually pops up in the file!

So, solved for me at least.

That’s correct working - in simple mode items are not ‘real’ - they are only temporary and you can’t edit them or save them, so they aren’t saved in the config database.

Thanks for clearing that up, simple mode is off from now on!

I still don’t understand the reasoning though. Why are the simple mode items not ‘real’?

I’m not sure of the rational - sorry. IMHO it’s not particularly useful as you can’t change labels or anything, so I personally prefer not to use it.

I agree.

I wonder if there is a simple way to find all those items which are only temporary. I would then create them manually.

If you disable simple mode, then you won’t have any such items and you will just need to create them manually yourself which is pretty simple with the UI…

They show up in the REST API if you have it installed, e.g. http;//localhost:8080/rest/items