Jsr233 Community scripts - time_utils problem

Hardware: RPi 3
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.31.1.122-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_181-b122)
OH: 2.5.6 (Build)

I’m trying to install the openhab-rules-tools (ephem_tod and gatekeeper) and am unable to get the time_utils library to load, it appears to load (thought it takes two attempts), but none of the additional libraries can see it:

2020-07-23 20:22:25.069 [INFO ] [me.core.service.AbstractWatchService] - Loading script 'python/community/time_utils/time_utils.py'

2020-07-23 20:22:31.713 [DEBUG] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Added ScriptEngine for language 'py' with identifier: file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/time_utils/time_utils.py

2020-07-23 20:22:35.485 [INFO ] [me.core.service.AbstractWatchService] - Loading script 'python/community/time_utils/time_utils.py'

2020-07-23 20:22:40.524 [DEBUG] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Added ScriptEngine for language 'py' with identifier: file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/time_utils/time_utils.py

2020-07-23 20:23:22.721 [INFO ] [me.core.service.AbstractWatchService] - Loading script 'python/community/ephem_tod/ephem_tod.py'

2020-07-23 20:23:27.731 [DEBUG] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Added ScriptEngine for language 'py' with identifier: file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/ephem_tod/ephem_tod.py

2020-07-23 20:23:34.521 [ERROR] [ipt.internal.ScriptEngineManagerImpl] - Error during evaluation of script 'file:/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community/ephem_tod/ephem_tod.py': ImportError: No module named time_utils in <script> at line number 23

I’ve checked owners, permissions etc, but can’t see anything obvious which is different:

/etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community $ tree -al
├── deferred
│   └── deferred.py
├── ephem_tod
│   └── ephem_tod.py
├── expire
│   └── expire.py
├── gatekeeper
│   └── gatekeeper.py
├── README.md
├── rules_utils
│   └── rules_utils.py
├── timer_mgr
│   └── timer_mgr.py
└── time_utils
    └── time_utils.py

Thanks James

That tree doesn’t look right.

Deferred, gatekeeper, rules_utils, timer_mgr, and time_utils are all modules. They belong in /etc/openhab2/automation/lib/python/community. Only scripts (i.e. files that define Rules, expire and ephem_tod) go in /etc/openhab2/automation/jsr223/python/community.

If you follow the instructions:

To make installation of individual capabilities easier, each capability is located in it’s own folder. Copy the automation folder under a given capability’s folder to $OH_CONF .

everything will end up in the right spot. So, for example, to install time_utils, you would:

cd openhab-rules-tools/time_utils
cp -r automation $OH_CONF

Where $OH_CONF is set to your openHAB config folder (e.g. /etc/openhab2).

If there is anything that I can add to the instructions to make that more clear I’m willing to update the readme.

Thanks @rlkoshak, it was the copy I didn’t follow - I blame my rusty *nix skills for not following the instructions!

Cheers
James