Just upgraded to 2.3 and openhab startup is blocked on 1.x addon

Hello,

I just upgraded my setup to 2.3 via openhabian-config and openhab startup is blocked on a 1.x addon that used to work just fine with 2.2.

Error message is below. Is there anything obvious that I should consider doing?

Thanks in advance,

2018-06-24 09:45:05.623 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.zibase          ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.zibase
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zibase [40]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.binding
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
2018-06-24 09:45:07.445 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zibase-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zibase [40]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
2018-06-24 09:45:27.477 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zibase-1.11.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

http://www.bluemind.org/project-update-openhab-binding-zibase/
It seems 1.9.0 Snapshot is actual, You use 1.11.

Hi @hr3, thanks for the answer. I have to say I have no idea where I got the 1.11 version from… I tried version 1.9 and I have the same error:-(

there is also 1.12 here:
https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/mvn/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.zibase/1.12.0/

Clear your tmp and cache also

@Dim, thanks, I gradually lost hope I the more I was trying the less good it looked and then, I finally saw your message and I cleared tmp and cache. I was able to get openhab up and running without the zibase binding.
Then I just added the version 1.12 and it seems it is now ok. Note that I am note sure at all that version 1.12 was needed, but it seems it works with it, so I will not test with the previous versions…

Thanks again.

1 Like

most likely the problem was the tmp & cache content
the version 1.12 is “associated” with the latest snapshot builds
I doubt that much has changed for this binding since 2017 :slight_smile:

Latest successful build is 1.13…

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zibase/target/org.openhab.binding.zibase-1.13.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

It’s always a good idea, if upgrading to a current version, also to update the manually installed bindings to the current version.

1. Maybe there where bug fixes :slight_smile:
  2. If there is a unknown bug, the maintainers will have to look at the code, which is maybe already changed, so for issuing bugs, you always need the current version.

Thanks Udo, I finally ended up getting the last file and update. Now I’ll know where to look for the latest versions. Thanks again.

hello @Udo_Hartmann, bear with me but I’m not sure of what I should do to find the latest build for this famous zibase addon… Is it still 1.13? Or is there a new one and how would I tell, please?

Thanks,

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB1-Addons/ws/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.zibase/target/

1.13.0.201812120952 is the latest (build 201812120952). Check MANIFEST.MF

@Dim, thanks for the super fast answer, not sure how I missed it until now…
I just clicked on manifest and it seems that since your message there is now:

Bundle-Name: openHAB zibase Binding
Bundle-Version: 1.14.0.201812240308

Thanks for pointing me to the right place to look at.

1 Like