- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry 3b
- OS: Linux openHABianPi 4.19.66-v7+ #1253
- openHAB version: 3.0
- openHABian configuration tool version: [stable]v1.6.1-1021(01d4e59)
after I updated to openHAB 3.0 and the LogViewer is gone I am looking for an elegant way to get logging information.
But first of all a big praise to the maintainers. The release is incredible and the update worked smoothly. Good job
My idea was to use VS-Code to connect to the Karaf-Console to see the logs. After doing the steps as described in “Bind Console to All Interfaces” (The Console | openHAB), I wanted to change the password of the user “openhab”. The described steps “Changing the Password” (The Console | openHAB) do not seem to work for me. I can still login with the default password “habopen”.
I have already tried the following variants:
- Changing the password via the script
sudo sed -i -e "s/openhab = .*,/openhab = securePassword,/g" /var/lib/openhab2/etc/users.properties
- Manually changing the password with VI
- manual changing with a plaintext password
- manual changing with an encrypted password between
echo -n SecurePassword | sha256sum
- changing the password using the OpenHABian configuration tool - menu 30 (System settings) --> menu 34 (Change passwords) --> menu 2 (openHAB Console)
All of the above attempts resulted in me not being able to log in with my new password but still with the old password. The hash in
/var/lib/openhab2/etc/users.properties is not regenerated after reboot and login.
What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me?