KEBA Binding does not provide power value

I use with openHAB 3.2 the KEBA Binding. I added this week some other channels, all except the “power” channel work. Example for two channels:

Number:Power                keba_p30_x_power                    "Von der Ladestation gelieferte Wirkleistung [%.1f Wh]"    <energy>     (gKEBA)    ["Measurement", "Power"]      {channel="keba:kecontact:1:power"}
Number:Energy               keba_p30_x_sessionconsumption       "Energie während der aktuellen Sitzung [%.1f Wh]"          <energy>     (gKEBA)    ["Measurement", "Energy"]     {channel="keba:kecontact:1:sessionconsumption"}

While the “sessionconsumption” channel gives back constant the actual value, stays the “power” channel on “UNDEF”. Is this a known bug in the channel?

Additional Information (2022.04.08): I made an update of the KEBA Firmware to 1.13 without any changes. A screenshot from the openHAB UI, where you can see that the car loads energy, but power still is UNDEF. I am wondering nobody answered the last days. Are there no other users with a KEBA wallbox, who are interested in the power value?

Well, just updated to 3.2 (from 3.0.1), was a pain, zwave and enocean stopped working completely.
KEBA can show all values I am interested in (including power), but ignores all commands:
022-06-05 13:25:50.388 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘Keba_Enabled’ received command OFF
2022-06-05 13:25:50.393 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item ‘Keba_Enabled’ predicted to become ON

Hello Thomas,

can you post your code for the thing and the item, if you use the file based method?

The code is fairly long, as it is used for surplus loading of the PV energy into the car (for 6 years now).
We started with Openhab 2 (worked best) and suffering now after every singgle update from things not working anymore.

Thge interesting part is:

if (newcurrent != actCurrent)
        {
            Keba_PresetCurrent.sendCommand(newcurrent);
            logInfo("EVCharge", "NewCurrent: " + newcurrent + " A");
        }

The result in the log is:

2022-06-05 14:48:50.742 [INFO ] [g.openhab.core.model.script.EVCharge] - actCurrent:      16.179
2022-06-05 14:48:50.755 [INFO ] [g.openhab.core.model.script.EVCharge] - NewCurrent: 6 A
2022-06-05 14:48:50.766 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Keba_PresetCurrent' received command 6
2022-06-05 14:48:50.772 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'KebaSystemCurrent' received command 6
2022-06-05 14:48:50.774 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Keba_PresetCurrent' predicted to become 6
2022-06-05 14:48:50.793 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'Keba_PresetCurrent' changed from 16 to 6

In the Wallbox, nothing happens:

What I meant was the the configuration like this:

Thing keba:kecontact:1 "KEBA KeContact P30" @ "Carport" [ ipAddress="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", refreshInterval=30 ]

and

Number:Power keba_p30_x_power "Von der Ladestation gelieferte Wirkleistung [%.1f Wh]" <energy> (gKEBA) ["Measurement", "Power"] {channel="keba:kecontact:1:power"}
Thing keba:kecontact:1[ ipAddress="10.2.0.162", refreshInterval=15 ]

OK, problem identified:

Here for anybody stumbling into the same issues:

  • All Current has been changed from MilliAmpere (mA) to Ampere (A)
  • It is critical to use the defined Number:ElectricCurrent, not just “Number” as DataType.

Unfortunately, this is not mentioned anywhere directly.

I tested my setup and comment the power item out, added a power item over the UI and got the value. But when I compare both, there is no visible difference. Frustrating.