KNX connection not working after migration from 2.3 to 2.4

• Platform information:
    • Hardware:Odroid XU4
    • Java Runtime Environment: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_191-8u191-b12-2ubuntu0.18.04.1-b12)
    • openHAB version: 2.4
  • Issue of the topic: KNX connection not working

I searched the community but could not find anything that looks like my problem.

After migrating from OH2.3 to 2.4 my KNX2 binding doesn’t work anymore. No reading, no writing.

openhab.log shows some output from a rule that tries to write to the KNX bus:

2019-02-12 19:59:14.436 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'Aktualisiere WP KNX Werte': An error occurred during the script execution: Could not invoke method: org.eclipse.smarthome.model.script.actions.BusEvent.sendCommand(org.eclipse.smarthome.core.items.Item,java.lang.String) on instance: null

Other than that, the log is silent. Enabling logging with

openhab> log:set DEBUG org.openhab.knx

does not produce any output. I can ping the KNX router, and can read from and write to the bus from my Windows based ETS instance.

Thanks for any help
Stefan

No configuration? How to find an issue without any data? :wink:

Hi Udo,

soory - since I did an upgrade without touching any configuration items I thought that the configuration could not be the issue. Here’s a link to my knx.things file and a sample items file. Anything else you need?

Best
Stefan
knx_things.txt (27.6 KB)
Untergeschoss_items.txt (4.3 KB)

Please try not to set localSourceAddr (or set it to 0.0.0)

Hi Udo,

thanks for the tip - I tried it, even rebooted OH, but no change.
When I switch a light ON/OFF with a physical switch, the event.log shows the following messages:

2019-02-13 22:54:57.237 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Licht_UG_Buero' received command ON
2019-02-13 22:54:57.242 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Licht_UG_Buero predicted to become OFF
2019-02-13 22:54:59.234 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Licht_UG_Buero' received command ON
2019-02-13 22:54:59.240 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Licht_UG_Buero predicted to become OFF

I am puzzled since I simply ugraded OH; no other changes.

Best
Stefan

After some more research and no more tips in this thread I did a complete re-installation on my odroid. Everything works fine again, but I am really unhappy I had to do this after a simple and straight forward automatic update with apt. It cost me 2 hrs of work and certainly leaves me with the impression that OH - or at least the update process - is still immature