Knx dimmer item assigned dpt 9.007 not sending data to knx-bus any more on oh403

Try datapoints 9.004
Maybe make a screenshot of ets group adress and what inside of it. And also the properties of the group adress.

9.007 is for humidity
9.004 is for lux

the dpt type is given from device by 9.007 and is not changeable. you can see also the binary sent values from trys obove

Those are for visualisation it’s a 2bytes. Anyway udo gave an example for reading and me also looking now I only read humidity. Knowing that that works in my case and udo I believe it’s just a problem of openhab switching to UOM units of measure. What you can do if you say the setup before worked disable the UOM in the settings of the binding go to settings other addons Knx then click it and there is a wheel settings on the title somewhere click that and there should be a setting to disable uom and post back.

i switched uom for knx binding off and changed to 9.004. On testing with % in pattern and limit 100 and also limit 1 - but i never got it working again that it was sending to knx bus. it changes only the item value.
what do you think - should i go back to

channelTypeUID: knx:dimmer

?

After disabling the uom use your original working configuration before posting to the forum

i restored the config of channel as before and item as before (because item as code not existing i have to say hopefully 100% as before). uom is off for knx. i did not restarted openhab. but if value changes it is telling in event.log that its changing but not on knx bus. it seems not to send to knx…

It’s not a dimmer channel by any chance your original config ? Trying to follow the tread now. Like udo said number channel with dimmer item uom diabled for testing to rule out any units of measure problems.

in post 24 i did your test with oum disabled and udos config. the result was NOT working.

then you told me post 25 to restore the origninal config and it is also not working.

in post 27 your findings are that the original config is not good.

conclusion: uom makes no difference. and yes, udo told me that dimmer channel is not good idea, thats why i changed it until half an hour ago your advice to go back. But this config was working with openhab 3.x

Ok I know there was some refactoring and slot had to do with uom before there were none. Now to solve the problem use the config where you could send value but don’t use the slider use oh stepper and see if that still sends gained values.

ok, i now restored variant from udo which im able to set a value 0.55 (by testrule) and ETS gets then 55% in there.
then im using on item oh stepper.

the result: item shows 0.55 and oh-stepper widget shows 1
klicked plus and stepper showed 2
ETS showed 200% (24 e2)
device is not accepting this value and sends 70% on bus as it is the max
oh stepper is showing 70
now we repeating this and klicking +1, oh-step is showing 71
ETS is showing 7101.44% (4d 68)
device not accepting value and sets again 70% on knx-bus

conclusion: there is a factor 100 problem with dpt 9.007 and oh step gaves same result as oh-slider
(uom is still off)

EDIT:
ok, i switched now again UOM ON
Metadata set then unit to %
Statedescription still: pattern %.0f; min 0; max 1, step 0.01
oh-card-slider still: min 0; max 100; step 1
now i can set values between 30 and 70 and they will be transmitted to knx bus seen via ETS to 30 to 70%
if im using the rule now i have to set 59 for 59% not any more 0.59

Conclusion2: oh-stepper works with dpt 9.007 if uom is on

Conclusion3: So i changed again to slider. slider works also fine now!

@Udo_Hartmann and @stamate_viorel thank you very much on your help to get it out!

Hi good to hear. Can you post your config for other to see in the future ?

Here the last config for documentation which could hopefully help someone, if you want to have a slider for configure a percentage-value on an DPT 9.007 (which can be also set by device to other values):

KNX-Binding has to have UOM set to ON which is normally standard.

Add a new KNX-Thing if you don’t have one yet (Device-Address not nessecary) and
add a channel

• Channelconfig of the KNX-Device:
  - id: FeuchteSollWert
    channelTypeUID: knx:number
    label: FeuchteSollWert
    description: ""
    configuration:
      ga: 9.007:<3/0/4

Add an item which you link then to channel above

That’s it! Try it out and use also the debug-function of ETS to see if values are correct sent to knx-bus if you need.

1 Like