KNX humidity sensor problems

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: AMD64/128GB/4TBnvme
    • OS: OpenHAB running in docker on gentoo host, debian image
    • Java Runtime Environment: Zulu11
    • openHAB version: 3.2.0.M4
  • Issue of the topic:
    I’m trying to get my humidity readings from KNX but I face two issues:
  1. I get decimal results inside of openHAB instead of percent, the display is e.g. 0.30% instead of 30.0%
  2. The decimal values are rounded somewhere. On KNX bus I see 40.12% humidity and the value I get in openHAB is 0.40000000 instead of 0.40120000
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
      Number humPraesenzTom "Luftfeuchte [%.3f %%]" <humidity> (praesenzTom) ["Measurement", "Humidity"] {influxdb="Humidity" [floor="OG"], channel="knx:device:bridge:backbone:humidity:humPraesenzTom"}
    • Things configuration related to the issue
      Type number : humPraesenzTom "Luftfeuchte Präsenzmelder Tom" [ ga="9.007:<11/3/20" ]

Please try Channel Type Dimmer (!) instead of Number. Reason is, Dimmer is of percentType.

If I change to Dimmer I get 40% but I still lose the decimal digits :neutral_face:
Type dimmer : humPraesenzTom "Luftfeuchte Präsenzmelder Tom" [ position="9.007:<11/3/20" ]
Dimmer humTestTom "Luftfeuchte [%.3f %%]" {channel="knx:device:bridge:backbone:humidity:humPraesenzTom"}

I wouldn’t even mind getting a number instead of percent as long as the precision is preserved.

I found a workaround but it is really ugly:
After changing the dpt from 9.007 to 9.001 I now get the desired result with
Number:dimensionless [%.2f %%]