KNX LED status on physical switch

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Rasp 3
    • Java Runtime Environment:
    • openHAB version: 2.3
      Hi all, I make a group switch with all the lights:
      Group:Switch:OR(on,OFF) gLight “all lights” (home) [“Lighting”,“Switchable”]
      it work good and it change status if some light is on.
      Now, I have a KNX physical switch that switch off all the lights. Is it possible to change its status when some light is ON?
      Have I to use a rule or is it possible with a simple trick on openhab?
      Sorry, I don’t have a good english and I don’t know if the problem is explaned >_<"

I think to make this manageable, you will need to link your physical switch with an openHAB Item. I do not know the KNX details to advise on that part.
Guessing, you might have commands to openHAB Item linked to the KNX LED, and switch actions cause updates to the Item.

You might be able to cross-link your switch Item and the Group using follow profiles.

But I’d use rules. A rule listening for Group state changes can send commands to the LED. A rule listening for incoming switch action updates can send commands to the Group.

Thank you! So I’m trying to make a role that change my physical switch status. I will soon update the post :smiley:

That’s simple.

• build a Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) (already done)
  • setup the wall switch to receive an additional GA (as an example, I will use 15/0/15)
  • define an item to send ON/OFF to the switch (to the GA)
  • define a rule to send the state.

Items:

Group:Switch:OR(ON,OFF) gLight "all lights" (home) ["Lighting","Switchable"]
Switch gLightStatus { knx="15/0/15" }   // definition  for knx1
Switch gLightStatus { channel="knx:device:bridge:thing:channel" }   // definition  for knx2

The wall switch Communication Object has the Group Address 15/0/15 set as the second GA

Rule:

rule "change state of AllLightsOff"
when
    Item gLight changed to ON
then
    gLightStatus.sendCommand(ON)
end

Thank you! I suppose need two different roles to have the switch off too. Is it correct?

No, because the switch itself will send the OFF command (and therefor will change its state to OFF, too).

On the other side… the light should went out when the last light is switched off without pressing the AllOff wall switch… So simply change the rule:

rule "change state of AllLightsOff"
when
    Item gLight changed
then
    gLightStatus.sendCommand(if(gLight.state == ON) ON else OFF)
end

you pointed why I asked for second rule! your rules is perfect for my switch :smiley: