KNX Thermostat Configuration

I dont know how to configure KNX Thermostat with openHAB. Somebody can help me?

KNX.things:

Type number :Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist “Temperature” [ga=“9.001:<3/3/1”]
Type number :Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll “Temperature” [ga=“9.001:<3/4/1”]
Type number :Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Stellen “Temperature” [ga=“3/2/1”]

knx.items

Group EG           "First Floor"   <firstfloor>    ["FirstFloor"]
    Group OG           "Ground Floor"  <groundfloor>   ["GroundFloor"]
    Group EG_Wohnen         "Wohnen"        <screen>        (EG)        ["Wohnen"]
    Number          Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist          "Temperatur Ist-Wert [%.1f °C]"      <temperature>          (EG_Wohnen)         { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist" }
    Number          Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll         "Temperatur Soll-Wert[%.1f °C]"      <temperature>          (EG_Wohnen)         { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll" }
    Number          Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Stellen      "Temperatur Stellen [%.1f %unit%]"   <temperature>          (EG_Wohnen)         { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Stellen" }

mysite.sitemap

Frame {
	Group item=OG label="First Floor" icon="firstfloor"
	Group item=EG label="Ground Floor" icon="groundfloor"
        Setpoint item=Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Stellen minValue=4.5 maxValue=32 step=0.5 
   }

There are several little mistakes :wink:

1. don’t use a DPT if you don’t need to (i.e. first try not to set DPT at all)
  2. You don’t need two channels for “Soll”, there is simply in and out.
  3. Please use the correct GA
  4. knx2 isn’t capable to use UoM
  5. If using UoM, configure it correctly :wink:

So…
things:

Type number : Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist  "Temperatur" [ ga="<3/3/1" ]
Type number : Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll "Temperatur" [ ga="3/5/1+<3/4/1" ] // in and out

As the words “Eingang” and “Ausgang” are not exact :wink: maybe you have to change the GAs of the second channel to

Type number : Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll "Temperatur" [ ga="3/4/1+<3/5/1" ] // in and out

Better words would be “Solltemperatur setzen” and “Solltemperatur lesen”

items:

Number Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist  "Temperatur Ist-Wert [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (EG_Wohnen) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Ist" }
Number Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll "Temperatur Soll-Wert[%.1f °C]" <temperature> (EG_Wohnen) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll" }

sitemap:

Setpoint item=Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll minValue=4.5 maxValue=32 step=0.5 

Please consider to change channel names or item names to not exactly matching ones. It can give you a headache to find errors if there are two entities with the very same name (e.g.

Type number : Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll "Temperatur" [ ga="3/5/1+<3/4/1" ] // Channel
Number Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll "Temperatur Soll-Wert[%.1f °C]" <temperature> (EG_Wohnen) { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Heizung_EG_Wohnen_Soll" } // Item

If the channels don’t work, try to add DPT to the channel definition.

1 Like

thank’s for all information in this forum.
i’m new in openhab, is possible add thermostat without visual studio? (only use paperUI)
thank you again

my conf:
raspberry pi4 with raspbian
open-hab 2.5.10
knxd 0.14.30 connected via USB-inteface on knx plant

Sure, the only thing you have to do, is to add the thing via Paper UI.