KNX2 - No more ON or OFF events

Since updating to the KNX 2 Binding I have no longer simple change to ON or change to OFF events visible. I only see events when for example a Switch changes from OFF to ON. Is there a way to get the first type of events also to Openhab as it was in the 1.x KNX binding independed of the actual switch state?

1 Like

Maybe this is annother side effect of the changes discussed here: KNX 2: Received command rule trigger does not work

I have seen that - a lot of text to read :wink: - but in the end it is fact to me that the knx2 binding is only providing "changed from ? to ? " events, no " changed to? " events and no " has changed " events. All those of the second and third type are ignored by the binding. So, the question is, is it a bug, or is the behavior is by design? If it is by design, is there a way to change it via configuration?

From what I understood it is by design and canā€˜t be configured otherwise. All you can implement are workarounds with -control items and / or using the .state items. Not sure about the details, but it looks to me unneccessary complicated, just to be ā€žin lineā€œ with the basic concepts of oh2.

Thanks for the feedback Frank, Iā€™ve already build some workarounds for a few of my rules.
But if it is by design it spans most often a gap between the state of the physical KNX switches and the state in Openhab. I have recognized that not only my light switches states are drifting away, especially for the roller shutter switches I have further problems because any stop and stop moves are also not transferred to Openhab. That is limiting the use of KNX switches for non KNX devices controlled via Openhab.
I hope that this will be changedā€¦.

Regarding the Start/stop, I read something like 2/4/4ss for the Start/Stop GA (add the two ā€œsā€ to the respecive GA), that seems to do the job.

Iā€™ve tested it with the ā€œssā€ on the GAs, but that has no effect. I remember that from the KNX1 syntax and Iā€™m not aware that this in also implemented in the KNX2 bindingā€¦