Kostal not working via config file

Hi!
Yet another redesigned binding, this one with possibilities to choose your own channels .
I have just tested it in the IDE so far and it seems to work, so it will be very nice to see if it works as expected even outside mine IDE.

See:

I see that this is also revision …2.3.2 SNAPSHOT, I do need some help to figure out how to change the revision. I have edit in pom.xml and MANIFEST.MF to …2.3.3 but that will not have any impact on the .jar

Best Regards Basse

Hi Basse,
I´m very looking forward to try it out. However, could you please provide a small instruction about how to install it for unexperienced users like myself. Last time with the .jar file I could handle it. But on GitHub I see only a batch of file with even different .jar files included but nothing called like “org.openhab.binding.kostalinverter-2.3.3-SNAPSHOT.jar” or somehow comparable.

Best regards, Tobias

Hi,
I still trying to understand Maven,
But so far have I made an binding that hopefully works as expected.
So if you Please, connect to basse04/ openhab-Kostal-Inverter-New-Generation-Optional-Channels,
will there be the code-files and also an org.openhab.kostalinverter.jar and this jar is the one you can try to use.
This one has a rev. like 2.4.0
So just click on this file and click the button Download, and it will be downloaded.
There are some examples in file README.md.
And as usual, just let me know if there is anything I can be helpful with.

Best Regards Basse

Hi Basse,
It looks like that I need your help.

After trying it out back and forth, I found out the following:

When deleting the former Kostal binding and adding the new one, the items created by Paper UI work, although a failure message appears. The other ones, defined by the configuration file I couldn´t get up and running yet.

The following warning gets listed in the log:

2018-10-14 22:44:27.321 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.kostalinverter.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.kostalinverter [233]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="2.8.2"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

When deleting the binding, restarting and then adding the new one, it doesn´t work at all.

When putting in the old one, it works again properly.

Besides that I have another question. Can I see somehow if the configuration file got properly loaded and is OK? E.g., should I see the own defined Channels in PaperUI or will there always be the standard ones?

Best regards, Tobias

Hi!
So far so good,
about the warnings, I hope that I have found an solution to not have them anymore. There was an import too much.

Regarding the Channels so will you always see them as dxsEntries_0 ++, Ex. from Paper UI, Configuration > Things > Kostal Inverter

dxsEntries_0

kostalinverter:kostalinverter:inverter:dxsEntries_0

Number

I have not yet made it possible to see if the config-file is loaded, I will do my best to find a way to handle it. I let you know. So far is the only way to see if the config is loaded correct, that it then will be values presented as expected for each configured Channel.

Please, try the new binding and let me know about the result.

Best Regards Basse

Hi Basse,

Sounds good. Can you please provide a direct link again to the .jar file or is there a general rule about how to find it?

Regards

Hi,
try with https://github.com/basse04/openhab-Kostal-New-Generation-Optional-Channels

//Basse

Hi Basse,

It looks to me that the new .jar file doesn´t get loaded. When deleting and adding it, I believe it continuous to run on the old one. When restarting it doesn´t get online. It is not listed in Puper UI.

Tobias

Hi,
try this in terminal:
#sudo ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost
Password: ‘yours’
Password:habopen
Uppgrade binding
openhab> bundle:list | grep ‘bundle name’
openhab> bundle:stop [ID]
openhab> bundle:update [ID] file://[path of jar] or openhab> bundle:update -r [ID] file://[path of jar]
openhab> bundle:list [ID]
openhab> bundle:start [ID]

I have also done it like below
openhab>bundle:list
openhab>bundle:stop ‘bundle-id for the old one’
openhab>bundle:uninstall ‘bundle-id for the old one’
openhab>bundle:uninstall ‘Kostal Inverter Binding’

Paste the new *.jar
openhab> feature:install ‘Kostal Inverter Binding’
openhab>bundle:list //The new one will now be in state Resolved
openhab> bundle:start ‘bundle-id for the new one’

Best Regards Basse

Hi again,
this might help you a little as well,

openhab>log:tail // to see what is going on.
CTRL+C to stop
openhab> log:clear // stop logging

BR Basse

Hi,

When applying the command
openhab> feature:install ‘Kostal Inverter Binding’

I get the error
“Error executing command: No matching features for Inverter/0.0.0”

Does this tell anything to you?

King regards,
Tobias

Hi,
could be that I have struggling with the name, sorry for that!
try:
openhab> feature:install kostalinverter Binding

//Basse

Hi Basse,
Now it tells: Error executing command: No matching features for Binding/0.0.0

Tobias

Hi,
sorry, sorry :slightly_smiling_face:
try with:
openhab> feature:install org.openhab.binding.kostalinverter
Too much of paste and I copy, I think. I will have a closer look at this evening, but Please try and I will be back asap.

//Basse

Hi Basse,

Have you already had the chance to look at it? I couldn´t succeed to get the newest version installed.

Best regards,
Tobias

Hi,
I have had some problems, seems like V2.3 and 2.4 are a little bit different, so I have to start from the beginning with this binding I think.
I will be back asap. I have had it working once, but somehow it then went broken in the IDE, Puh.
Best Regards Basse

Hi!
I have just uploaded a new version xxxx-2…4.0-xxx, https://github.com/basse04/openhab-Kostal-New-Generation-Optional-Channels
Please try to install it. I have had it working in my IDE, but it could be different to run it outside the IDE.
So if you try and let me know, so can we take the eventually next step after that.
Best Regards Basse

Hi Basse,

Congrats! It works perfectly just out of the box! I haven´t had to do anything special. Just copying it in and it worked. It´s really fantastic. I thank you so much for all your effort you put into this binding.

Only for your notice, when putting the .jar file in as well as by restarting, a failure message pops-up when viewing the openhab logs. But independent from them it works totally properly afterwards. So I don´t know if this is interesting for you. If so, I can provide you the detailed message which is quite long.

Thanks again and have a nice evening,
Tobias

Hi, Great!
Thanks, I have learned a lot during the development so all the fun was for me so far.
Please, send the log to, orjan.backsell@gmail.com, and I will have a look.

Have a nice evening you too, Basse

Hi Basse,

I can confirm that with the newest version the failure messages are gone.

Great job!

Greets, Tobias