Kostal not working via config file

Servus Basse,

today i tried your binding, but unfortunatly it didn`t work.

Tried Paper UI Setup and Things File. Every time I get the same Error:

“Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR java.lang.NullPointerException:name can’t be null”

Logfile

2018-12-07 08:14:35.271 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘kostal.things’
2018-12-07 08:14:35.274 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘kostal.things’ is either empty or cannot be
parsed correctly!
2018-12-07 08:14:36.347 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘kostal.things’
2018-12-07 09:38:30.895 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘kostal.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [1,1]: missi
ng EOF at ‘GrGroup’

Version of my Pico10 are as following:
UI 06.41
FW 05.60
HW 0100
PAR 02.70

Access by Browser works.
http://192.168.2.6/api/dxs.json?dxsEntries=251658754&dxsEntries=251658753
Result
{“dxsEntries”:[{“dxsId”:251658754,“value”:0.478412},{“dxsId”:251658753,“value”:5143.553223}],“session”:{“sessionId”:0,“roleId”:0},“status”:{“code”:0}}

Used your 2.4.0 Build.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards

Jürgen

Hello Basse,

same with me: can’t get the binding working with PIKO 8.5 and OH 2.4.0.
In the paperUI configuration:things it shows
Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException:Index: 4, Size: 0

I have of courde provided the right credentials and checked that the PIKO URL is working.

Thanks for help!
Tim

Hi!
I have done a new binding,which I suggest that you could try and test.
This one was meant to be the public binding for openhab New Generation, but regarding to the ongoing system change, so will there hopefully be another even newer one.
But so far could you try this one, and this is the binding I use myself.
This binding doesn’t need any config file, it is extended with 21 more channels. So Please read the README.md
I have a 2.4.0 running and it works with this binding, so Please make a try and let me know.

Best Regards Basse

sorry for the late reply, I just came to try it. But to be honest I am more confused now. I am sure that is because I am resting at beginner level with openHAB and do not use it frequently enough. Maybe you can help me getting your binding running.

I put the .jar into openhab-share/add-ons, but can’t see it in PaperUI. Or am I supposed to install the Kostal binding listed in the “Binding” sections first and then exchange any file?

Hi, I’m also sorry for my late reply, I have somehow missed yours.

This binding is still not a part of the openhab system, so that is the reason for to have it installed as below.
Put the binding in /usr/share/openhab2/addons
cd /etc/openhab2
sudo cp org.openhab.binding.kostalinverternewgen-2.5.0.jar /usr/share/openhab2/addons
cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons
ls -l
sudo chown openhab org.openhab.kostalinverternewgen-2.5.0.jar
sudo chgrp openhab org.openhab.kostalinverternewgen-2.5.0.jar
sudo chmod 766 org.openhab.kostalinverternewgen-2.5.0.jar
ls -l

sudo ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost
openhab> bundle:list // Binding should be in state Active

Install the binding in openhab / Paper UI
Use Chrome or some other Webbrowser
http://openhab-IP:8080
Start Paper UI