Label from items file not displayed by UI

I configured some basic items after things definition via Paper UI, here is my items file:

Group External // information not in control of the home, e.g., Weather, Sunset

DateTime DateT "Today is [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tT]" (External) { channel="ntp:ntp:local:dateTime" }

/**
 * Current Weather taken from Yahoo
 */
 Number 	Temperature	"Outside Temp. [%.1f °C]" 	(External) { channel = "yahooweather:weather:157a63ccb65:temperature" }
 Number 	Humidity	"Humidity [%.1f %%]" 	(External) { channel = "yahooweather:weather:157a63ccb65:humidity" }
 Number 	Pressure	"Pressure [%.1f hPa]" 	(External) { channel = "yahooweather:weather:157a63ccb65:pressure" }

These ones I used in a sitemap definition as follows

sitemap schopen label="My SchopenHome" {
	Frame label="Info" {
		Text item=DateT icon="calendar"
		Text item=Temperature icon="temperature"
		Text item=Humidity icon="rain"
	}
}

What I do not understand is that the labels defined in the items file seems to be completely ignored, instead the items are labeled with their name:

Do I miss some configuration settings? Or is it necessary to have the labels defined in sitemaps file? But if the latter is true, what is the reasoning behind the labels in items file?

It isn’t using the Items name, or else your Date line would be DateT.

It is processing the label from the Items file or else you wouldn’t be getting the “%” for humidity nor the “°C” for Temperature. Nor would your number have only one decimal place. Your DateT Item’s date string wouldn’t be formatted correctly either.

So the only inconsistency I see is the Temperature line which should read “Outside Temp.”.

Have you recently changed this label away from “Temperature”? Does it read wrong if you open it in a different browser or delete the cache and reload the page?

In answer to your questions:

• It is getting the labels from the Items file or else the stuff on the right hand side would not be properly formatted
  • It is not using the Item name because Date would be DateT if that were the case
  • It is not necessary to have labels defined in the sitemaps file unless, for some reason, you want to override the label defined in the Items file.