Latest snapshot error

Dear all

I have an istance of OH running the latest snapshot available;
I update it regularly almost everyday.

In the latest snapshot I have the following error:

[ERROR] [re.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Couldn’t deserialize value ‘org.openhab.core.storage.json.internal.StorageEntry@54cc3ff4’. Root cause is: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was NUMBER at path $.timestamp

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It’s a regression. There is a PR with a fix in review:

When that is merged, you might have to edit your userdata/org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json file, depending on the outcome of that PR. I can assist if it will be needed.

As a temporary workaround I edited the before-mentioned file org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json and only added

{}

(stopped OH first) so OH can “digest” its content and then do a rediscover, but depends on your use case, just FYI.

1 Like

The PR is now merged and will be included in next snapshot. @livio - if you are okay with losing the inbox contents, the fix provided by @crnjan will be the simplest.

@laursen thanks,
just few questions;

what means “losing the inbox content”?
lose things/items added via autodiscover function, all the items that are not added via a .item txt file or simply the new device discovered?

Only things you see in your inbox, so things that are already added wither via file or UI will remain. Items play no role here.

Ok thanks a lot…i don’t care about new discovered things

Thanks a lot again for your support

This happened to me just now. I updated from snapshot several days ago to openHAB 4.2.0 (Build #3830). This build 3830 has this error. I emptied the file org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json to fix it as per the advice above.