Latest Zwave binding missing module?

Hi,

for anyone who is interested this is how I set it up.

I am running openhab 2.4 and I had to install the latest z-wave binding (2.5.1.201912300340 │ org.openhab.binding.zwave) in order to get a Fibaro RGBW controller running (FGRGBW-442 RGBW) which is not included in the zwave 2.4 binding.
I just dropped the latest snapshot 2.5.1 into my addons folder which failed in the first since it was missing another lib - org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xstream .
In case you stumble upon the same issue. Just put version 1.4.7_1 also into the addons folder and openhab will be able to set up the updated binding on restart.
Have fun.
Philip

Actually that is why I recommend the install script that takes care of the dependencies.

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

The install script was not working for me. Somehow the docs are not in sync with the actual script. e.g.

--ZWAVE_BRANCH

is documented but the code raised an exception since it is not a valid argument .
Also without this particular argument it did not work for me unfortunately.

@5iver is usually very prompt in responding to issues.

Can you run it without passing arguments? The menu will guide you through it. I haven’t tried using the script with arguments in a while, so something could be messed up. I’ll take a look, but if you could, please submit an issue in GH so that I do not forget. Or better yet, fix it and submit a PR! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi

I’m also running Openhab 2.4 with Z-Wave 2.4.0 Binding and needed to upgrade because I bought Fibare Roller Shutter 3, which is not supported by this version.

So I downloaded openhab-addons-2.5.0.kar from Central Repository: org/openhab/distro/openhab-addons/2.5.0 which is still working. Then I unzipped it to get org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.5.0.jar file.

Using instruction for manual install from readme.md of Zigbee and zwave manual install script

It all worked afterwards.