A number of people have run into trouble performing manual installs of the Zigbee and Z-Wave bindings. A manual install (dropping the jar into addons) is rarely needed, but some people prefer a manual install over apt-get, or want to use a stable OH release with a recent Zigbee or Z-Wave binding. Here is a script that will hopefully make it easier to install, upgrade, and uninstall these bindings, and prevent some of the common issues.
Who would benefit from this script:
- Anyone wanting to test development versions of the Zigbee or Z-Wave bindings before they are available in a snapshot or milestone build. If this is the case, then you are likely working closely with Chris to resolve and issue or implement a feature.
- Anyone wanting to remove a manually installed Zigbee or Z-Wave binding. It’s easy to delete the jar, but OH may have cached the bundle, which then needs to be uninstalled through the Karaf console.
- Anyone wanting to install the openhab-transport-serial feature. This needs to be reinstalled after an OH update or after clearing the OH cache, if you’ve manually installed one of these bindings. I’ll typically just run this script to update the bindings after updating OH, which will also installs this feature.
- Anyone who wants to use a manual install of one of these bindings, but doesn’t know where to download them.
- Anyone wanting to automate the upgrade of a manually installed version of these bindings.
More details in the readme.md, including the steps to manually install the Zigbee and Z-Wave bindings. I have tested the script quite a bit, but feedback from others would be much appreciated! Reminder… if you install/upgrade/uninstall the refactored Z-Wave binding, don’t forget to delete and rediscover your Things to pick up any updated Thing definitions!
Note: the development Z-Wave binding has been merged into the master branch, so if using this script, only choose the development version for Z-Wave if Chris instructs you to do so (he may throw a test jar out there).