Zigbee binding

Good idea…
The sensor is highly sensitive. The led reflash after aprox 30 seconds, (which I believe is due to retriggering), but the trigger channel/contact does not release. So it´s kinda unuseable for a motion dector I would say :joy:

Just received an update from the battery state as well. It does seem to work… Well, except it says it only got 15% left… Hmm… I´ll change the batteries to see if that changes. I used the included batteries, so they might be old.

I’m not sure - this is nothing to do with the library. This functionality is in the binding - the binding takes the list of channels, and consolidates them (ie removes the switch if there’s also a level control.

So - I don’t know why this would have happened - it can’t be related to the library, but let’s see once it’s properly released.

OK. I switched over to the dimmer channel and the bulbs are responding now. At least some of them…

Changed the batteries, and a few seconds after, it reported 100%. So I guess the battery percent channel is working just fine.

@chris

There’s a log with trace set for om.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.telegesis:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/uvQkMAuh
The log starts after I’ve just deleted the telegesis thing (and I re-add the thing during the course of the log).

And here’s another log starting at the point where I manually assign a channel:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/Y4HyyJvp

From both logs I note errors printed vertically. I suppose these come in over the serial line from the stick itself? I see:
ERROR:91
ERROR:2D
ERROR:70
+N=NoPAN (a few times)
I can see these in the SL manual. Still the cause is not clear to me. I hope you get some ideas. Simply a broken stick?

FYI…

The only thing I can think of is that the channel not being set is preventing it from starting. Try setting the channel to channel 11 to see if that helps.

Short update on the Trust motion sensor.
Tonight I can´t get the motionsensor to trigger at all. I manually released the trigger in BasicUI. And last night it did retrigger. But tonight there is no triggering.
Hope @chris have better luck when he receive the device.

I have received mine, but probably won’t get to look at it for a while now.

Hi,

I have one doubt, what bindings have to use for CC2538 devices. In this articles someone using below bindings

184 | Active | 80 | 1.1.1.SNAPSHOT | com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531
185 | Active | 80 | 1.1.1.SNAPSHOT | com.zsmartsystems.zigbee
186 | Installed | 80 | 2.4.0.201808290659 | ZigBee CC2531 Binding
187 | Installed | 80 | 2.4.0.201808290659 | ZigBee Binding

If bindings are active , Where I have to configure PORT address to recognize CC2538 devices.
I droped two com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531 and com.zsmartsystems.zigbee jar files in my work space addons folder.

But didn’t get any binding at Bindings in OpenHAB 2.0 PaperUI.

Best Regards,
Amar.

Hi @chris and @5iver ,

I had the same issue (using 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT): all my channels have been renamed.

• switch_level -> dimmer
  • measurement_temperature -> temperature

… and so on

Not a big deal, as I have run a ‘sed’ over all my .items files to fix it, but probably worth noting.

I am also seeing that my channels are not being consolidated (so I see again the switch, level and color channels, i.e, for a color bulb). I am looking at the code to see if I find out why the channel consolidation is not happening.

Best Regards,
Pedro

1 Like

The 2531 and 2538 both use the same protocol (TIs ZNP). I had a quick look at the protocol document, and it is the same for both devices. So, you should be able to use the 2531 driver.

All that said, I’m not 100% sure if it will work, as there is often issues with the 2531 firmware versions and it may require some further work.

Yeah both devices used same protocol (TIs ZNP).I can use CC2531 driver for CC2538 devices.
I think both bindings

are enough for CC2538 devices. But how to configure them in my workapce.

I don’t understand what your question is? Do you mean within the IDE? If so, I suggest to first try and get it working with the console to make sure that the driver works. You should just work with the libraries in the first instance - once the 2538 is working, then it will work in the binding in the same way as the 2531.

If you think it will work without any low level tests, then you can just configure the workspace in the standard way.

Sorry, I have been configured one device as a coordinator and another one as a router in Z-Tool.

I have used com.zsmartsystems.zigbee.dongle.cc2531 and com.zsmartsystems.zigbee for

sending data to router from coordnator using Openhab PaperUI. Workspace in the sense Openhab

server. The devices are connected to PC, so is there any configuration like COM Port. Then how get

Zigbee channels in Openhab PaperUI. How to configure the workspace in the standard way?

Yes - you need to set the com port for the coordinator. The coordinator must be installed first and configured manually.

When you join devices to the network through inbox discovery, the binding will automatically try to detect the services a device provides and it will provide any channels that are available automatically.

Thanks chris ,

Where I have to set the com port for the coordinator. Is there any file for set the com port for

coordinator.

It is configured through PaperUI.

So I need configure manually. Actually previous i am using xbee devices. For xbee devices done

configuration in XCTU software. Here little bit difficult to configure coordinator for me.

But here says https://github.com/zsmartsystems/com.zsmartsystems.zigbee

starting the console commands for set up Zigbee. How to use console. I tried but didn’t get.

You need to set the serial port manually.

The main configuration is done by the driver - you don’t have to configure everything manually.

What did you do? It’s hard to know how to help you when you don’t say what you are doing and what doesn’t work.

Did you run the console as described in the documentation?