LED Wattage chaning frequenly (no visible impact)

I am using a shelly regb2 to control my led strip (2m). Its powered by an 230v/12v psu (paulmann LED stripe psu).
Now the log is showing the following constant watt chnages:

11:51:01.593 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:51:10.598 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W
11:51:15.592 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:51:27.595 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W
11:51:32.596 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:51:40.592 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W
11:51:43.329 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:51:59.594 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W
11:52:04.597 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:52:14.594 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W
11:52:21.597 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 18 W to 14.95 W
11:52:27.593 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item ‘LEDlight_Stromverbrauch’ changed from 14.95 W to 18 W

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks

When you look at the shelly UI, does the wattage also change?
See here on top:

OpenHAB is only showing the values the shelly is sending.

There is also an option at the Shelley configuration where you can define the power source.
Did you configure it 12 V and not 24 V?

yes, it also changes on the shelly UI.

you mean with sending, the output to the consumer (led strip in my case)?
Yes, its on 12v. As my psu only provides 12v, i think it dosnt matter or does the shelly step up the voltage? i dont think so… anyhow i did try to see what would happen on 24v and it still works but the watt doubles of course but the led is not getting briter or so. I think it is a software calulation based on the drawn current x V selcted.
I also measured the psu and it provides a constant 12,5 volts. Also the input on RGB is constant. so it maybe the led strip itself?
Thanks

Can you answer this question? Do you also see the Watt change on the UI. See print screen above?

Maybe yes. Is it always like this? Also when you change the color or brightness?
To be honest I don’t know how the calculation is done by the shelly. But I think your problem attributed to the shelly or LED strip.

as i measured no changes on the RGB or Main output, I am assuming it is the shelly.
I have opened a support ticket with them. lets see what they say.

I will also try a differen LED Strip with another and the same shelly. But reading the volt-meter points to the shelly…

I got feedback from shelly that is has to do with an acitv eco-mode of the rgbw2-shelly. Once deactivated the issue is gone. Accorunding to shelly there will be a bug fix for this issue.
–END