Legal to add home made electronics to the power outlet?

HI Team

This might be a bit off… but maybe some one here knows the answer. Being located in Denmark, we might have special regulations, but could imagine it is the same as in the rest of EU, so if some one knows the answer, then please say. I have not been able to find the answer.

The question is, is it legal (does the fire insurance cover) to create (home made) electronic circuits and add these to the power outlet in the house ?
I could image there is a difference in doing RaspberrPi/Arduino stuff (5 volts - behind a ‘legal’ transformer) and creating circuits running directly on 240 volts ?

/Joern.

Hi,

I am sure that you can do whatever you like in the privacy of your home.
I am also sure, that in case something nasty happens (like starting a fire due to an electrical short-circuit of a DIY device without having a certified installer doing it), the insurance company will not cover any damage.
If you are not sure about what you are trying to do, I recommend you not to do it without a certified installer.
The Danish Safety Technology Authority provides the necessary levels of certifications needed for the works in electrical installations.
I think you can still do some of your DIY stuff with devices and installations that comply with SELV (take a look
here)

Best regards,
George