Legrand Valena with Netatmo

Hi OpenHab experts,

I spent yesterday to find some information of the binding of OpenHAB with my Legrand Valena Life with Netatmo Gateway and/or Home+Control Cloud Service, but without sucess. Legrand/Bticino do have a lot of different protocols, gateways and APIs so it’s hard to find out if there is already a working solution out there?

I’m at the very beginning of my project but an the moment I have just access via Amazon Alexa, but this only for wall sockets and lights, not the shutters.

Hello Manual,

There is no binding for Legrand ‘with Netatmo’ products yet.

To start your project, you have to create a Legrand developer account (https://developer.legrand.com), bind this account with the customer account used for the Home+Control application, register an application, read and re-read the Legrand tutorial, understand the way Legrand is using Oauth2 and drink a lot of coffee and aspirin. :slight_smile:

Yesterday, I’d some shell scripts using curl working with my home installation and I’m now ready to start the development of the binding.

Pascal

Hello Pascal,

I tried to register an app with my developer account one week ago, but i haven’t received any feedback for now. seems all not really user friendly. Also over Alexa binding, I do not have access to my roller shutters in Openhab. So I tried to go this way.
I like the legrand with netatmo stuff, but beside to low functionality (roller shutter positions, just turn the blinds slightly) this is really nasty and in my opinion not really smart. Unfortunately the realization comes too late, I already spent over 2000€ to the “with netatmo” equipment.

Hello Manual,

Sorry to read that you have not receive any feedback from Legrand for your application. I’ve made 3 or 4 requests because I made some mistakes for the value of the First reply URL field (OAuth2 is new for me). For each request, I’ve received an approval by mail in a couple of hours.

I agree that the use of Legrand APIs is not as user friendly as the use Philips Hue APIs. Legrand should encourage the development of third-party applications or integration in open-source home automation solution.

Why do you think that ‘with Netatmo’ stuff offers low functionalities?

Pascal

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.