Leviton Omni LTe alternative Console interface

SCADA_Boi Here,

Hello everyone, I am pretty new to security automation as well as SCADA. I have been in an Automation Controls program for a year and half now and made to our final semester. As per request from our instructor, in order to make it graduation we have to complete two projects. My project is home automation. I have a HAI Omni LTe controller that I need on the Network, issue is in order to communicate with the controller from even my PC I need to acquire the IP and Encryptions Keys from the controller itself. In order to do that I need a HAI Console interface. Because we have a budget constraint and the cheapest console I could find was 250 dollars, I was hoping to go another route in order access my need information. I have talk to Leviton about the Eye-On Envisalink 4 and they say it is not compatible. I was late informed from my instructor to GIVE OpenHab a shot… SO!!! My Question now is, Is it possible to use this software and a Raspberry Pi to to interface as a console with my HAI Omni LTe security controller. I have not used a Raspberry Pi or even OpenHab before, so a link of some sort to helpful pages would be much appreciated.

Thanks You Everyone!!!

There’s an Omnilink binding but you’re facing a chicken and egg problem. It’s not going to get you any information without the encryption key which the binding docs say you need to get from the HAI keypad or touch screen. I’m assuming this is the part you don’t have.

All the documentation I have stated exactly as you have just said. For now, we are feeling that our best bet is to scrap the Omni LTe controller and stick with using raspberry pi’s for the project. Or, if we are lucky, ask Leviton to perhaps donate a Keypad for these controllers being it is a school project. But I’m not gonna hold my breath on that one. Thank you Rick, Much appreciated.

If I were to use a Raspberry Pi with a CC2531 Zigbee Coordinator, would the network encryption key be just difficult to acquire or even required. From what I have read so far, on the OpenHAB site for Zigbee binding, it says it looks for any zigbee device. So I take from that, that perhaps the network encryption is not required… The setup I have a on Marcraft Smart Grid Technology Panel GT-7000. one Omnistat-2, a HAI 81A00-1 SIM Meter, and a HAI 81A00-1 WHSN In Home Meter. At the moment the SIM Meter is set a my coordinator. My goal now is to get the three modules communicating to the Raspberry Pi so I can take Load and Temperature readings from them. And from that point hopefully things will begin to make enough sense to get cameras and locks set up in a very pseudo manner.

Thanks for any help, always appreciated.

That’s all built in, you don’t need to do anything special along those lines. But IIRC you need to flash the CC2531 with different firmware for it to work with the Zigbee binding. The binding author recommends using an Ember based dongle. In the US, the HUSZB-1 is popular (it’s what I use) and that will give you both Zigbee and Zwave in one device.

You can set the link encryption key when you create the Zigbee Coordinator Thing or leave it default. It’s not hidden away and inaccessible.

It’s good to know that its at least a little more simplified… :crazy_face: :crazy_face: … I will look deeper into it the HUSZB-1 and see what information I can dig up. I am now having issues with getting openHABian on my Pi, but I may be able to figure it out through the installation guide here on OpenHAB. I flashed my SD card with Etcher, tried going to the site in the walk through for installing openHABian… BUT… I lost my IP address for the Pi… SO…Hmmm. I wiresharked it, and all I’m getting is Broadcast messages from the Pi asking for “who is 8.8.8.8” or in other words Google. I am curious to know if I had done any this right at the moment. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes: :drooling_face: … But I digress, Thank you again Rich!!! You’re a blasted genius!! :space_invader: :space_invader:

openHABian will take a stock Raspbian Lite and on first boot run a bunch of scripts to install and configure a bunch of software. If all you see is a bunch of ARP packets that implies to me that your RPi cannot reach the Internet to do this installation and setup. It can be helpful to plug it into a monitor on the first boot and watch for errors or when it get’s stuck. That usually tells you what is wrong and from there it can be fixed.

An alternative way to install openHABian is to just install a stock Raspbian image and then follow the manual instructions for cloning and running openhabian-config. That gives you nearly the same end result as you get from getting the openHABian SD card image.

The Pi is connected to a monitor over HDMI, it looks like its going through the setup correctly. Ethernet is connected to our labs network… But now I’m getting a Timed out: Waiting for Device /dev/serial1 message. I was able to continue a log in using the default credentials after about 5 minutes or so.

That’s getting well beyond my expertise. I’m not even sure what /dev/serial1 represents. The HUSZB-1 will show up as /dev/ttyUSB0 (Zwave) and /dev/ttyUSB1 (Zigbee) unless you have other USB serial devices plugged in.

Nope, the pi is powered using the adapter it came with. ethernet is connected to a switch. HDMI to a monitor. I do have keyboard hook up though… so that could be an issue. I am on lunch break from the lab… I will do some troubleshooting and see what results I get. As the HUSZB-1, I don’t have one yet, the instructor is waiting on my knowledge base to increase a bit more on the topic before begin buying stuff. Budget constraints and such :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: