LG Smart ThinQ

I just checked and my washdryer still works - I’ve got the updated iOS-App from LG too…

Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: rinse : NO_RINSE
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: soilWash : NO_SOILWASH
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: spin : NO_SPIN
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: standby : STANDBY_OFF
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: state : INITIAL
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: steam : STEAM_OFF
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: temp : NO_TEMP
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: turboShot : TURBOSHOT_OFF
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: deviceId : d10c76a0-1615-1692-a016-60ab14703937
Dec 18 10:20:44 openhab bash[861]: type : monitoring

Can you please try again, just to be sure it wasn’t a problem on LG’s side?

@mgw hi mate ,great job with Thinq ,i have a washer and a dryer.I have a problem with “remainingtime” of the dryer.It shows the minutes right but it cuts the hours.For example if remainingTime is 2 hours and 55 min so 10.500 seconds it shows only 3.300 which is 55 min.See below a screen shot

my washer’s remainingTime is accurate like the LGThinq app.I am from Greece connected at a european server and eng lanquage .Any ideas how to fix that?

There’s an outstanding Pull Request which fixes this.

I manually applied the fix to my local copy (after pulling it from github)

1 Like

nice to here that!Can u tell me how can i apply it to my local copy?Or is it better to wait for it to be merged into the main code?

That Pull Request has been awaiting merging for 3 months now… :frowning:

To apply it yourself, look at the list of changes, and make the same change to your local files. This is just basic text file editing.

1 Like

mate i am far from being a coder and using github…just a copy/paster here :slight_smile: so if there is an easy way to guide me or i will wait for the fix…

I have merged the provided PR

1 Like

Just installed Thinq-MQTT-Proxy and its working well - thanks very much @mgw
I got around the install process failing with a JAVA_HOME error by prefixing java with the full path to java 8

/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-8-amd64/jre/bin/java

on my debian PC based system. I also needed to add this to the thinq-mqtt-proxy.service file located in /etc/systemd/system

Actually, I’ve already developed an AddOn for LG Smart Thinq (only works for Air Conditioners for now) for the both version 1 and 2 of LG API. I started the review process trying to contribute with this amazing OpenHab project. Let’s see if in the next months it’s already officially available.

4 Likes

Hmm, cannot see your pull request. Could you share the link/PR number.

Hi, @hmerk. I’m still finalizing the README and some more unit tests, just to be consistent with the guide. So, I think still today or tomorrow I will open the PR and share here with you guys.

3 Likes

Hi, Any news about this? Have you done an Openhab Add-on (Binding?) This would be amazing

Please follow this topic, binding is running here :wink:

1 Like

Awsome job @mgw on the script for reading data into MQTT. I keep using my old IR blaster to control my LG A/C unit. It is so unfortunate that still to this day we don’t have a way to control it with Openhab using Wi-Fi. Do you know if there is any ongoing development for this?

Best regards,
Luciano

Please use @nemer implementation as he is actively maintaining the plugin. The link is two posts above.