LG WebOS - Wake on LAN - IP vs MAC

Hi,

OH3.2.0
TV deviceOSVersion: 4.1.0
TV deviceOSReleaseVersion: 5.3.0

I have an issue with Wake on LAN function after my TV changed from LAN to WLAN connection:

While connected via LAN cable power on / Wake on LAN always worked fine, even if the TV was turned of for a longer period of time.
After connecting TV via WLAN the Wake on LAN function within the WebOS binding is only working a few minutes after TV was turned off, but if the TV is turned off for a longer period the WOL is not working and TV will not turn on anymore.

The thing updated automatically IP & MAC address after changing from LAN to WLAN.

I first thought that the TV has disconnected from Wifi to reduce power consumption, however in my wifi router (Fritzbox) the TV is still showing as connected to the WIFI, therefore I installed network binding to send a WOL package with the following results:
Wake on LAN package based on MAC address is not working.
Wake on LAN package based on IP address is working and will turn on the TV.

Question: Is it expected that Wake on LAN within WebOS binding is not working anymore, if the TV is connected via Wifi?

Of cause I can add a rule to trigger the network binding once the TV should turn on, but I thought its preferred if this is working with the binding directly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thats the log if I first try to turn on TV via the power item and have in addition a rule creating a WOL packet

==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2022-01-03 13:12:51.963 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'EGWohnzimmerFernseher_Power' received command ON
2022-01-03 13:12:51.978 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'EGWohnzimmerFernseher_Power' predicted to become OFF
==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==
2022-01-03 13:12:53.415 [INFO ] [twork.internal.WakeOnLanPacketSender] - Wake-on-LAN packets sent (IP address: /XXX:80)
==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==
2022-01-03 13:13:04.018 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'lgwebos:WebOSTV:347e3ed0-ff76-9deb-11fc-c239f697637d' changed from OFFLINE: TV is off to ONLINE: Registering - You may need to confirm pairing on TV.
2022-01-03 13:13:04.088 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'lgwebos:WebOSTV:347e3ed0-ff76-9deb-11fc-c239f697637d' changed from ONLINE: Registering - You may need to confirm pairing on TV. to ONLINE: Connected
2022-01-03 13:13:04.094 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent ] - Item 'EGWohnzimmerFernseher_Power' changed from OFF to ON

I don’t know WebOS nor do I know the specification of the hardware in LGs TV …
The hardware needs to support the different kind of was to do WOL.
E.g. the network interface needs to be put into a specific ‘mode’ in which it needs to be able to listen to network packages. If that is not supported by your hardware this does not work.
What I remember from the past is that WOL over Wifi-WLAN did not work. With nowadays hardware that might have changed nevertheless for more details you may have a look at Wake-on-LAN - Wikipedia

WoL is working in general for this device and the binding, as it has worked before switching the device from LAN to WLAN and after switching from LAN to WLAN it is still working via the network binding.

The only thing that is not working is WoL via the webos binding since the device is connected via WLAN, therefore this question is specific to the binding.