LGTV binding thows exception on startup

Hi

the LGTV binding throws the following exception on startup:
2017-07-29 07:39:00.817 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=1111, bundle=190/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.lgtv/1.11.0-SNAPSHOT]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.lgtv
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.openhab.binding.lgtv.internal.LgtvBinding.updated(LgtvBinding.java:322)[190:org.openhab.binding.lgtv:1.11.0.201707290110]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1461)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1417)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_141]

And the status update of my items does not work afterwards.
I’m running the latest 2.2. snapshot.

Any suggestions ?

thx
Remo

post your cfg

also, check within openHAB console the stored parameters:

config:list "(service.pid=org.openhab.lgtv)"

Maybe related to: #396

Hi
Sorry for the late reaction.
I have to use the connectSDK binding for my LGTV.
Therefore I have removed the LGTV binding.

Hi, I’m getting this problem straight after installing the Binding. I’m running OpenHab 2.5.0~M1-1 (Milestone Build) from an OpenHabian system image upgraded to the level given before.

2019-05-19 14:36:27.956 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=395, bundle=237/mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.lgtv/1.14.0.M1]: Unexpected problem updating configuration org.openhab.lgtv

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.lgtv.internal.LgtvBinding.updated(LgtvBinding.java:322) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker$1.run(ManagedServiceTracker.java:177) ~[9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:173) ~[9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1113) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1069) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread$1.run(UpdateThread.java:126) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread$1.run(UpdateThread.java:123) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:122) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:105) [9:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.9.10]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

See @Dim suggestion

What would that be then?

If you mean…

then there is nothing, as I said the error happens as soon as the binding is installed so no config had been entered.

BTW like the Dalek icon :slight_smile:

I was thinking more of

If you haven’t got one, it’s not going to work. I think most of these 1.x installs create one for you, but it needs content editing in.

So what you’re saying is that the Binding does not support configuration via the OpenHab web interface and must be configured manually via a config file?

Exactly correct. This is a legacy 1.x binding. The docs do not describe any other way to configure it.