I am deploying a number of LED lights in my home:
- Simple RGB(W) Bulbs
- Various NeoPixel / WS2812B / WS2811 / SK6812 as strips, matrix or ring
I will also use various hardware controllers and protocols to control the lights. While openHab has the nice colour wheel inside, there are not really any “effects” available.
Is there a software/plug-in can generate effects?
I will use an esp8266 to control a WS2812B / NeoPixel strip with ArtNet protocol. There is Windows-software such as Jinx! and Glediator available to control the lights via Wifi, however this software does not run on my RasPi where the OpenHab is installed on. It would be nice if I can choose/configure some effects from the openHAB UI (or even automate it). I have found this: https://github.com/neophob/PixelController which could be a starting point. It seems however there is no OSC binding for openhab.
It would be nice to have a configurable software with the following features:
- set-up your lights (e.g. how many colours, how many LEDs in which setting (strip, matrix, ring…))
- create effects (even simple dimming to another colour etc)
- start/stop or automate effects from openHAB UI
- support multiple protocols and controllers
- configurable special effects (audio VU meter, clock effects, sunrise effect combined with alarm)…
This could be a great feature addition, what do you think?