LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

Worked much better

11:53:02.790 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent     ] - Item 'lw_OfficeHeating_callForHeat' received command ON
11:53:02.793 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - lw_OfficeHeating_callForHeat predicted to become ON
11:53:02.801 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - lw_OfficeHeating_callForHeat changed from OFF to ON
11:53:02.803 [INFO ] [home.event.GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - Lightwave_TRV_CallforHeat changed from OFF to UNDEF through lw_OfficeHeating_callForHeat
11:53:02.804 [INFO ] [clipse.smarthome.model.script.Heating] - Turning Heating on due to lw_OfficeHeating_callForHeat
11:53:02.805 [TRACE] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - Adding command to the queue
11:53:02.808 [DEBUG] [connections.LightwaverfSmartWebsocket] - Sending message: {"version":1,"class":"feature","operation":"write","direction":"request","senderId":"08753f78-1bc0-459f-bab1-66b1567fb5c0","items":[{"itemId":"127","payload":{"featureId":"5df8b6728522075debd21ad8-146-3157346060+1","value":1}}],"transactionId":127}
11:53:02.809 [DEBUG] [connections.LightwaverfSmartWebsocket] - LightwaveRF - Websocket message sending completed: {"version":1,"class":"feature","operation":"write","direction":"request","senderId":"08753f78-1bc0-459f-bab1-66b1567fb5c0","items":[{"itemId":"127","payload":{"featureId":"5df8b6728522075debd21ad8-146-3157346060+1","value":1}}],"transactionId":127}
11:53:02.865 [TRACE] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - Message received: {"version":1,"senderId":1,"direction":"response","items":[{"itemId":"127","success":false,"error":{"code":6,"group":3,"source":"linkPlus"}}],"class":"feature","operation":"write","transactionId":46654620}
11:53:02.866 [INFO ] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - Command response for transaction 127 wasnt successful so we are sending again
11:53:02.867 [DEBUG] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - LightwaveRF - Response received for sent Command, TransactionID: 127
11:53:02.869 [TRACE] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - Adding command to the queue
11:53:02.869 [TRACE] [ternal.LightwaverfSmartCommandManager] - Ok message processed for transaction:127

did it re-queue it again and try again?
just looking at the logs, cant find any inline online for the error codes.
first one was code:1 group 2
latest one code 6 group 3.
are the trvs in groups on the app?
need to try and work out what they relate to. maybe see if you can get the app to produce an error as will prob give an on screen description

Hello Dave,

Although I can see all devices in lightwave logs, I can’t get them all on autodiscovery.
I have 45 2way sockets gen2 and 2 Link plus, one upstairs and on downstairs
I get only 28 devices out of 45 but when I analyze the logs I got them all in a big json line
{“name”:“Floor”,“groupId”:“xxxxxxxxx”,“devices”:[ …]
{“name”:“Ground”,“groupId”:“xxxxxxxxx”,“devices”:[…]
Is there any way to much something from there with sdId?
Do I have to delete something like cache and rediscover?

Thanks

did it re-queue it again and try again? yes, most of mine seem to fail on first attempt at the moment for some reason

are the trvs in groups on the app? only by room

need to try and work out what they relate to. maybe see if you can get the app to produce an error as will prob give an on screen description app doesn’t seem to error at all, but can be a bit slow at times

You can add them manually if you have the sdId (middle number between two hyphens).
I’ll take a look prob mon

Just the trv’s or dimmer etc too?
From openhab only or both?

Might be a localised server bug their end. @fixer had issues not so long ago, and far more than I had at the time.

Let me know if you get sorted/improves :+1:
Have you tested old version with api to see if that errors or slow?

Does the json get cut off? Or all devices show? Maybe hitting the adaptor limit, if so I can change as just had to on Sonoff too.

And jeez I thought I had a lot at 20ish.
A good amount committed on LW :joy: (Sonoff binding pretty stable now so if you need to go cheap elsewhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Hehe :slight_smile: It’s a new house, all my sockets are lightwareRF gen2 (dual)
I have counted a total of 45 unique deviceId in both json lines (one line for ground and one for floor)

Also i have many errors in the main log file (I have lightwaverf binding in a separate log file)

2021-04-11 02:29:41.853 [WARN ] [fig.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder] - Representation property ‘4’ of discovery result for thing ‘lightwaverf:s22:penthome:4’ is missing in properties map. It has to be fixed by the bindings developer.
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:1607)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder$1.run(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:181)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder$1.run(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:1)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder.getStackTrace(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:178)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder.build(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:157)
at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.LWDiscoveryService.discover(LWDiscoveryService.java:219)
at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.LWDiscoveryService.lambda$0(LWDiscoveryService.java:94)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Just saved me 20 mins firing up my v3 with that log. Discovery be fixed in a bit :+1:
Can you send me the big long json tho (hash out private stuff) and put in code block so I can read (or pm me file)

@pentiumdb try this: LightwaveRF-Jars/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_v3.3.jar at main · delid4ve/LightwaveRF-Jars · GitHub

Funnily enough, I went to test this yesterday, and the TRVs weren’t failing when I tried the dimmers :man_facepalming: but today the lights seem fine and the TRVs are indeed taking 2 attempts.

You don’t really see anything fail on the app, it just seems to take a while to respond, so maybe it’s just handling the failure silently.

I wonder if it’s just something with the TRVs, being battery powered, maybe the radios in them just aren’t as strong, although I can test with the TRVs that are no more than a couple of meters from the hub and it gets the same thing.

I’ll do some testing with postman in a bit, see if the response fails there, or is maybe just slower

Maybe the trv’s sleep to conserve battery…
The polling before probably kept them awake. (Might get more out your Duracell’s now :joy:)
Maybe queue a few messages see if it works…

Funnily enough that’s what I was writing to you, but then I thought about the fact I’d flipped things on and off on and off and it was the same every time and I’d be surprised if it slept in between that, but who knows…

If you send two commands quickly then they’ll both be in the queue before the first one fails. Might have to do on a rule so it’s that quick

It should flap - first one fail, second one change, then first one should try again and change

I have pm you the log file

I have tested LightwaveRF-Jars/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_v3.3.jar at main · delid4ve/LightwaveRF-Jars · GitHub

but still I get the java issue in the main logs while scanning for devices (for all discovered devices)

2021-04-11 13:33:54.516 [WARN ] [fig.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder] - Representation property ‘20’ of discovery result for thing ‘lightwaverf:s22:penthome:20’ is missing in properties map. It has to be fixed by the bindings developer.
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder$1.run(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:181)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder$1.run(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:1)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder.getStackTrace(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:178)
at org.openhab.core.config.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder.build(DiscoveryResultBuilder.java:157)
at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.LWDiscoveryService.discover(LWDiscoveryService.java:219)
at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.LWDiscoveryService.lambda$0(LWDiscoveryService.java:94)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:304)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
2021-04-11 13:33:54.517 [WARN ] [fig.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder] - Representation property ‘21’ of discovery result for thing ‘lightwaverf:s22:penthome:21’ is missing in properties map. It has to be fixed by the bindings developer.
2021-04-11 13:33:54.519 [WARN ] [fig.discovery.DiscoveryResultBuilder] - Representation property ‘1’ of discovery result for thing ‘lightwaverf:h21:penthome:1’ is missing in properties map. It has to be fixed by the bindings developer.

Try now @pentiumdb

• Fixed representationProperty for discovery
  • Added ‘delay’ to account configuration (integer) for the delay between sent messages in milliseconds. I have mine working at 50ms. Handy if you have rules that fire off lots of changes and for initial startup.
  • removed redundant pollingInterval and pollingSize

2.5.x: LightwaveRF-Jars/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-2.5.13-SNAPSHOT_3.4.jar at main · delid4ve/LightwaveRF-Jars · GitHub
3.x: LightwaveRF-Jars/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_3.4.jar at main · delid4ve/LightwaveRF-Jars · GitHub

Just tested, representationProperty for discovery is fixed
Still I can’t get more than 26 devices in discovery:)

@pentiumdb Hmm… just had a thought… try this:

3.x: LightwaveRF-Jars/org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT_3.4r1.jar at main · delid4ve/LightwaveRF-Jars · GitHub

If that doesn’t fix then clear cache and send me debug log for discovery. (from entry ‘start scan’)

Still not discovering more than 26 devices, logs in PM