LightwaveRF - New LightwaveRF Binding

Yeah I’ve noticed with mine it didn’t restart. Will have a look later, some silly mistake on my part somewhere.

Stopped it fine just didn’t start again

In case it is relevant, seems like it might have hung something else up in OH when it stopped it, I had a couple of hours where lots of other non-LWRF things didn’t get updates or rules trigger.
Restarted OH to get everything back.

Think I saw a similar behaviour when I tried restarting it with an OH API call in a rule before, but I was probably doing that in a bad way anyway.

The Account thing also seems to go OFFLINE every time I try to save the configuration too.
Have to disable and enable it again to get it back online.

Use the old jar and I’ll update tomorrow :+1:

Just uploaded a new jar - use the same link. Let me know if it works, I was destroying the websocket connection on the last one :roll_eyes: - just a reconnect now

Also notice voltage must have changed in the api, was 10x smaller - have changed for next compile.

Been up over night now and seems to all be good. Getting stat updates still.

Thanks Dave, just updated, will report back later as well.

I do still see the issue where the Account thing goes OFFLINE when you save the settings on it, but otherwise fine and that is not a major issue itself.
I know I’m on the newer version because I did the clean-cache, think I messed up when I put the old version back last night and left 2 versions in the addons folder and did that because I wasn’t seeing the websocket reset option at first.

Yeah I’ll look at that later. Are your things configured with text files or through the ui?

I set the default ‘reconnect’ as 10 minutes, you’ll probably want to reduce this though if you get a nice amount of updates normally. 3 minutes prob gonna be good for me as I got a lot of sockets feeding back energy/power data

All still working over a day later, so I think this works pretty well, thank you!

I’ve got 7 dimmers and 8 sockets, so probably get a fair amount of updates too, I’ll leave it as 10mins for now and see how I get on though.
Seems like it is having to reconnect probably on average every 40 minutes for me but seems to vary from 12 minutes up to a little over an hour.

As for my config, the things I do through the UI, items I do with text files.

Thanks again for this update.

1 Like

Tried upgrading from 2 to 3 - proper nightmare. All the scripted methods failed with a bag of errors so I’ve diitched the lot and done a clean install of the latest version. I’m now putting all my logic back in from my backup. I’ll be back with you all in a day or so…

1 Like

Had the binding installed and running ok for 24 hours now. It’s done a timeout and successfully restarted the connection at least once so seems to be doing what it’s meant to. I’ll keep an eye on it and comment further if and when I have something useful to report

Not so much a ‘problem’ as an odd occurrence that probably isn’t to do with the binding as such but reporting it anyway.
Noticed last night that three of my Gen1 single socket plug-ins were missing from the list. Ran discovery several times but they didn;t appear. Went back to my old OpenHAB 2 backups, got the device numbers for them, added the things manually by copying the ID string from some other Gen1 single socket plug-ins that had been discovered ok and pasting in the device number. Boom - thing created straight away, device on-line and working perfectly.
Most odd. Everything else, including a number of other Gen1 plug-ins was auto-discovered and worked fine, just not those three.
For clarity, I created only the Lightwave Account in a text file ‘thing’ and let the new UI do everything else. I strongly suspect that if I’d loaded the complete thing file from my backup, with all of my device channels specified as well, then I wouldn’t have seen this.

EDIT AS FORUMS WON’T LET ME POST ANOTHER MESSAGE:

I might have a new device type for you.
My 2-gang Gen2 kitchen dimmer croaked so I got a replacement from LWRF which I just installed. I can discover it and the thing creates itself ok with all the expected channels but the thing itself shows ‘error config’ in red and says ‘please check the deviceid as the data couldn’t be retrieved’ and all the channels are showing null. On closer inspection under Thing Properties both the ‘Product Code’ and ‘Product’ are showing as ‘L22MK2’, all of my other Gen2 2-gangs show as only ‘L22’ and they work fine (as did the old dimmer before it died). Could this be the reason?

FURTHER EDIT

Utter perversity! Came back to it this evening after having done nothing at all and the whole thing is working fine. No idea why, must have been something awry at the LWRF end of things.

Strange
Yeah I did add the mk2’s as someone else had one.
Possibly an issue their end.
I have one socket I can’t do anything with, just Havnt had the time to delve deeper.

Thanks to @xela doing some nice work I’m hoping to have the binding for gen2 stuff fully local soon. Just gotta find the time.

Hi Dave,

Steve here again - You helped me out a while back (August '21) with an issue I was having with a Gen 1 Double Dimmer.

I have a new problem / question if I may…

The Gen 1 Double dimmer was causing me issues (one set of lights kept flickering - after some trouble shooting I narrowed it down to the switch itself - to be clear nothing to do with OpenHab or your binding!)

As such, I have replaced it with a brand new Gen 2 Double dimmer - According to the lightwave packing slip it’s a “LP22MK2 - Lightwave Smart Series Dimmer (2 Gang) Stainless Steel”

As it’s a new physical device I went to replace the old with the new in Openhab. I tried “Things → lightwaverf → Scan” and nothing was found. The logs showed:-

Unsupported device found, please inform the binding developer: **L22MK3** - Lounge Lights Front - 5e4473744690cd6d270525a1-9-3157351815+2

So lightwave says it’s a MK2 but openhab logs say it’s an unsupported MK3.

Are you able to help me get this new device configured?

Thanks
Steve

Try this, just added it, been a while though so hopefully I changed everything needed:

Wow - quick response! Will give that a try…

Hi

I replaced the jar, restarted Openhab, scanned for the thing and it was found this time.

However, the logs show:-

2022-09-30 15:46:32.041 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent       ] - Discovery Result with UID 'lightwaverf:d22:buckell:5e4473744690cd6d270525a1931573518152' has been added.

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2022-09-30 15:47:32.398 [INFO ] [ndler.LightwaverfSmartAccountHandler] - 1 Minutes since last websocket message 

2022-09-30 15:47:38.219 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.initialize()' on 'org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler@15d1eee': null

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.setProperties(LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.initialize(LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.java:98) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor131.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

2022-09-30 15:47:38.236 [ERROR] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'lightwaverf:d22:buckell:5e4473744690cd6d270525a1931573518152': null

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.setProperties(LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf.internal.handler.LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.initialize(LightwaverfSmartDeviceHandler.java:98) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor131.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:154) [bundleFile:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:52) [bundleFile:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

==> /var/log/openhab/events.log <==

2022-09-30 15:47:38.207 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxRemovedEvent     ] - Discovery Result with UID 'lightwaverf:d22:buckell:5e4473744690cd6d270525a1931573518152' has been removed.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

(And I can see Thing in Openhab UI, but it has a status of UNINITIALIZED HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR)

under the thing info can you send me a ss please

seems they may have removed the generation from the api as thats what line 151 points to in the null pointer. 2 secs ill comment it out and recompile

1 Like