LightwaveRF + OpenHab2

Hi Mark. The Lightwave binding hasn’t been updated since OpenHab1, so it doesn’t support the Paper UI.

Instead, you have to manually install the binding’s JAR file, then set up Things and Items manually as well.

Once you’ve done that it works well.

What he said :smiley:

It would be good to add to it though as the V1 bridge seems to have had a firmware update pushed to it and now I get errors in the logs for new measures. Not the end of the world but not ideal.

Regards

Thanks for the reply, I’ll give that a go, cheers, Mark

I’m using the latest org.openhab.binding.lightwaverf-1.14.0-SNAPSHOT.jar but am still having no success with my LightwaveRF TRVs. My LightwaveRF link is currently running N2.94D.

This is the error I get for all of my TRV’s:

Error converting message: *!{“trans”:39930,“mac”:“21:01:6E”,“time”:1547973720,“pkt”:“868R”,“fn”:“statusPush”,“prod”:“valve”,“serial”:“D681FE”,“type”:“temp”,“batt”:2.79,“ver”:58,“state”:“man”,“cTemp”:18.4,“cTarg”:20.0,“output”:100,“nTarg”:22.0,“nSlot”:“15:45”,“prof”:7}

Item data example:

Number LWRF_BabyRoom_RadiatorCTemp “Baby Room Radiator [%.1f C]” { lightwaverf=“room=3,serial=D681FE,type=HEATING_CURRENT_TEMP,poll=1800” }
Number LWRF_BabyRoom_RadiatorSTemp “Baby Room Radiator Set Temp [%.1f C]” { lightwaverf=“room=3,serial=D681FE,type=HEATING_SET_TEMP” }

Any ideas?

Ive not discovered 1.14 as yet, I get the same error messages from my TRV’s .

As I understand it the binding does not understand that version of the LightwaveRF firmware, But asfaik the latest and greatest is totally uncompatable with the bindngs we have for LightwaveRF

I also have N2.94D

I am looking at ways of using the logging to get information into openhab, and or learning how to alter the binding

I may be wrong but LightWaveRF use JSON, therefore I’m wondering if we use JSON Transformation to still use what’s being read by the binding?

Maybe If someone/we get the binding to pass what it gets out for use, to deal with maybe JSON / REGEX ?

From what I can see in the code (bearing in mind I don’t know java), the messages seem to be parsed with REGEX. it would probably be more efficient to parse them as JSON.

There is definitely a change in the output messages in recent LWRF firmware. In particular, the signal strength is no longer part of the message. It is my guess (and I haven’t/don’t know how to checked the code in detail) that this is the cause of the error message and the failure to decode the message.

It’s a pity because the TRVs and room stat used to deliver current temperature readings (and other data) to OpenHAB. I never managed to get openHAB to control them.

I can understand why @neil_renaud stopped using LWRF heating devices (and hence stopped maintaining the binding). The TRVs are pretty poor.

I’ve now bought the rfxtrx433xl transceiver but the RFXCOM binding in OpenHab 2 does not seem to support it. Frustrating seeing as this unit is the latest unit from RFXCOM. Any ideas on how I can get it working?

Thanks.

Hi, the binding is a bit non logical to me, you add the rfcom binding then add a thing, a rfcom usb transceiver that has the config there is no choice of specific rfcom device just frequency selection and tick a load of protocols u many need, mine has spotted all sorts of local things :wink: to monitor