Linear garage door opener mapping callstack

Hi I followed the instructions found here:

To setup my linear garage door opener. I get the following error when using baseui that is created from the above. Also note that if I use the swagger rest UI setting the value of this device manually the device doesnt seem to respond either. I have tried this with two linear zwave garage units.

2019-04-09 09:50:42.857 [ERROR] [nal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method ‘ThingHandler.handleCommand()’ on ‘org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler@24b98c0e’: null

java.lang.NullPointerException: null

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.internal.converter.ZWaveBarrierOperatorConverter.receiveCommand(ZWaveBarrierOperatorConverter.java:96) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.handleCommand(ZWaveThingHandler.java:1138) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy142.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [206:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.5.0.M1]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [109:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [102:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.11.0.oh250M1]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Are the devices securely included and showing as online?

Apparently not. The attribute of the zwave device says zwave_secure false. I have no idea how to include this in a secure way. Quick googling sends me in circles around earlier releases of openhab that dont have support for secure inclusion.

Search the forum… I’ve posted many times about how to securely include this device. Basically, exclude it, reset it, delete the old Thing, and then include through OH while the device is touching the controller. Repeat until securely included.

Thanks I will search. So literally you have to rinse and repeat till it connects securely? Is this a defect that you have todo this?