Linear HUSBZB-1

I’ve been using one of these for over a month now, and it cost me less than a spare zstick. The zwave chip is the same as a zstick, but the firmware versions are slightly different. However, they have the same libraries, as reported by Zensys Tools. The Aeon backup software can be used with it, and I have done backups and restores across the two. After some recent fixes Chris has done, the zigbee binding is now working very well, except for a possible bug in reporting states accurately (he probably already has it fixed). I have 25 zigbee and ~85 zwave devices, and this stick seems to be able to handle the load just fine. There have been some other’s posting about them on this and other forums too, so hopefully there’ll be more reviews. But so far, it has been a solid piece.

1 Like

Do you mind listing what zigbee devices you had working with this stick?

No - sorry - I’ve not looked at this one yet (been looking at some other issues) but glad to hear that things are looking stable after the update :slight_smile: .

• GE Link A19 (60W)
  • GE Link BR30 (65W)
  • GE Link PAR38 (90W)
  • CentraLite 4257050-RZHAC plugin smart outlet (Smartthings)

Any idea of Xiaomi devices would work? They are supposed to be Zigbee as well.

This thread has a lot of information on the Zigbee binding, including discussions on currently functioning devices.

No - they are not ZigBee devices. They use part of the ZigBee protocol, but don’t fully support it and this causes problems where the ZigBee stack requires certain functionality.

I’ve been trying to get this to work as well.

Running the 2.2 snapshot: 2.2.0.201708292017
Seems like it’s talking with the coordinator just fine (Baud rate 57600), but the thing still shows ‘INITIALIZING’.

Here’s the debug logs (I also have these logs with AshFrameHandler set to DEBUG):

Set com.zsmartsystems.zigbee to debug and head over here with another log from startup…

Here you go:

I bet @chris (Zigbee binding maintainer) could help with this…

Which version of OH are you running? Have you tried setting Reset to true on the coordinator? This should apply the configuration. I haven’t been able to change settings after the initial setup, so you may want to try deleting the coordinator and starting over. There have been a lot of changes to the binding since I first tried to get my HUSBZB-1 setup, and I haven’t tried starting from scratch since, so I don’t have any personal experience with the initial setup using the current binding, but you might find some helpful info in the Zigbee thread.

I’m not really sure why it’s not creating the network. I have a theory, but I’m not really sure it’s right… I’ll probably make a small change to see if it helps and we can take it from there…

@5iver 2.1, but a 2.2 snapshot for the ZigBee binding (2.2.0.201708292017). Yeah, I’ve tried several iterations of remove, restart, re-add (complete with removing the USB device too).

@chris Happy to try whatever.

Thanks!

UDEV rules for this device can be a little tricky. Here is what worked for me (although I specified an order to them):

KERNEL==“ttyUSB[0-9]", ATTRS{interface}==“HubZ Z-Wave Com Port”, SYMLINK+=“ttyUSB-5”, GROUP=“dialout”, MODE="0666"
KERNEL=="ttyUSB[0-9]”, ATTRS{interface}==“HubZ ZigBee Com Port”, SYMLINK+=“ttyUSB-55”, GROUP=“dialout”, MODE=“0666”

Note: On Linux; the extra Java command-line property is not required if you choose a symlink name that matches a standard Linux comm port prefix and ends with a combination of numerics + non-letters. E.g. “ttyUSB-9999”.

2 Likes

Hey,

I’ve just got one of these and though the aeotec backup/restore of my gen5 zstick seems to work. After I plug it into my OpenHAB machine, the binding only ever finds 1 node, not the 60+ nodes that are supposedly in the backup.

I downloaded the zensys tools and it only ever shows the controller node. Is there a special trick for doing the backup/restore?

Nothing special, the backup and restore was straight forward. Hmmm… what was the process. I think I shut the backup tool down after the backup, swapped the sticks, then did the restore. Did you get the latest version of the backup software? I used ZStick G5 BackupToolSetup Ver1.0_0_9 on a Windows 10 laptop. If no nodes are showing after a restore, I would suspect the backup to be the issue. You probably don’t have a spare zstick to test it with, so maybe Aeon Labs support could test it for you to confirm the backup was successful? I’d be willing to do a restore to my spare zstick using your file to see if the devices are in there, but you’re probably and understandably not going to trust a complete stranger from the Internet with your zwave network!

I guess it’s possible Nortek updated something, but I would expect a firmware update available if they had. You could compare the version of the libraries between the zstick and quickstick in Zensys Tools. Mine were identical. This is my zstick:

That is what my zstick looks like, the husbzb-1 has the identical libraries, but it’s z-wave device firmware is 4.05. I’ve tried the backup / restore on a different machine and it the whole process seems to succeed but the husbzb-1 is still un-restored. Does your husbzb-1 have a firmware version of 4.05?

Yes. Did you use the Windows driver or download the one from Silabs?

there doesn’t seem to be a compatible win10 driver inbox or from silabs, I had to get the one from axialcontrol.com (Zigbee binding) to and disable driver signature verification.

The silabs driver doesn’t support my devices PID (USB\VID_10C4&PID_8A2A&MI_00). I’ve tried forcing the silabs driver to install on the port, and though it works fine, the restore still does nothing.