Links of OH2 dashboard in OH3

In OH2 I have the dashboard with links to Grafana and FrontTail.
How do I include these links in the OH3 GUI?

There is no more dashboard UI in OH 3. I don’t think MainUI supports external links at this time. You might be able to add a card to the overview page with a link, but I’ve not looked into that sort of thing yet. It seems like that should be possible. @ysc, is there support or planned support for external links in MainUI?

There should be. On the home page look for that button and it will open the “other apps” drawer.

The tiles displayed there are the equivalent of those of the former dashboard, so the external links should be there as well. If that’s not the case, maybe there’s a problem - open an issue in Issues · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub to have it looked at.

1 Like

Thank you Yannick, I see “Basic UI” and “HABPanel” there,
but not the links that are defined in the /etc/openhab/services/dashboard.cfg file.
That’s where the links to Grafana and FrontTail are.

Oh, that particular file name is indeed probably not right anymore with OH3, but the code is there though:

I have no clue in which exact file the external links should be defined (yet), but I will investigate.

4 Likes

Hey Yannick, did you have the time yet to investigate this? With OH3 final it still seems to be a problem. At least openHABian 1.6.2 still creates the dashboard.cfg which is apparrently not used any more. For details see [mainUI] apps panel (other apps); definitions from dashboard.cfg missing · Issue #1849 · openhab/openhab-core · GitHub

Maybe you are looking for this:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

1 Like