I have an item which is not editable and which I can’t remove, though it’s no longer connected to anything. The item was created in PaperUI to control the brightness of a Hue white bulb.
I am in the process of removing the Hue hub from my setup and putting the Hue bulbs directly into my setup using a Zigbee stick. My (now updated) process is the following:
- Remove any bulb-related items and then things from openhab in PaperUI
- Remove the bulb from Alexa and then from the Hue Bridge
- Use hue-thief to remove the bulb from the Hue network
- Discover the bulb with the Zigbee binding in Openhab
- Set up the item(s) needed for the bulb
- Add the “Lighting” tag using the Rest API method; discover into Alexa
This process works just fine. Unfortunately, there is one bulb for which I forgot to remove the item from my openhab configuration before removing the thing, and all the hue/alexa connections. That bulb works just fine via the Zigbee binding, but I have an “orphan item” based on the old configuration that I cannot delete. There is no trash can next to the item in PaperUI, it’s listed as not editable, and I can’t delete it using the Rest API either.
Is there any way to get rid of this orphan item?