Livolo zigbee switch with zigbee2mqtt: I see state but cannot control the switch

I just got some Livolo Zigbee switches and I am trying to set them up via zigbee2mqtt with OpenHAB. When I use the switches, I can see the state in OpenHAB. However, when I try to control them via OpenHAB nothing happens. So, I guess my configuration is missing something. Any pointers would be welcome.

My setup:

Thing mqtt:topic:livoloSwitch1 "Switch 1" (mqtt:broker:MosquittoMqttBroker) {
	Channels:
		Type switch : state_left  "Left State"   [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/state_left" ]
		Type switch : state_right "Right State"  [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/state_right" ]
		Type number : linkquality "Link Quality" [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/linkquality" ]
}
  • zigbee.items
Switch Switch1 "Switch 1" <light> { channel="mqtt:topic:livoloSwitch1:state_left" }
  • default.sitemap
Switch item=Switch1

Your Thing Channels need a commandTopic, probably.

Try changing your first channel to:

Type switch : state_left  "Left State"   [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/state_left", commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/state_left/set", on="ON", off="OFF" ]
1 Like

Thanks hafniumzinc. The commandTopic was part of the solution. Apparently, the command topic here is “zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/left/set”. Is there a way to actually query which command topics are available?

Type switch : state_left  "Left State"   [ stateTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/state_left", commandTopic = "zigbee2mqtt/livoloSwitch1/left/set", on="ON", off="OFF" ]

Ah, yes - the page you linked to has the available commands in the YAML code.

Failing that, I use MQTT Explorer to sniff what topics and messages are sent as I press buttons or turn things on and off.

Thanks for the MQTT Explorer tip. That looks pretty useful for finding commands for unknown zigbee devices.

Hello.

Are you also using the livolo hub? Did you tried to pair it with sonoff zigbee Bridge?
I’m currently oscillating between Sonoff (Easy to set up) and Livolo ( better look / feeling / Quality) for use with openhab.
Can you detail me what you used în your setup?

I am not using the Livolo hub, but a general (cheap) zigbee USB stick that operates with zigbee2mqtt.
See the compatible adapters.

I am currently using the TI CC2531 and my setup works excellent with that.
I ordered a whole bunch of other Livolo Zigbee switches and I plan to use the TI CC2538 with CC2592 RF Amplifier in the future.

Can you shortly describe how you made it work? I’m currently waiting for my switches to arrive. Or maybe you can point me to the corect thread?
What i want to know is how you made the pairing?
Thank you!

L.E. Do you use a certain Livolo switch or you made it work with all of them (1 gang and 2 gang or just the T1000)?

Everything you need to do to setup the livolo switches is on zigbee2mqtt.io. Add the advanced section to configure your Zigbee network on channel 26. If you have other Zigbee devices, that can cause a conflict and you need to use a separate hub for the livolo devices. I did not have that problem. I also have a bunch of Aqara sensors and they work perfectly on channel 26.

I have a combination of 1 gang - 1 way, 1 gang - 2 way, 2 gang - 1 way, 2 gang 2 way switches and they all map to the TI0001 device as is on zigbee2mqtt.io. I think i have about 15 switches now.

For the setup in openhab, refer to the rest of this thread.

Good luck!

Thank you for your answer. I already managed to make it work a couple of days ago.

I have a livolo gateway. how do i connect this to openhab. Would you eat?

We are talking here about connecting it via zigbee2mqtt and for that you need a zigbee2mqtt compatible gateway. Note that only a limited number of livolo devices are supported.

I don’t think you can use the livolo gateway to connect to OpenHAB.

Thank you very much. I guess I need to buy CC2531

Hello,

I bought many Livolo switches (to all of my home switches) and I can’t make them work using Zigbee2MQTT,
I can find it in the device list after configuring all Livolo settings, but I can not understand how can I control it or get its status, can you please assist?

I have installed MQTT explorer, but Im not sure where should I look in order to find the differences of states.
I’m familiar with Zigbee2MQTT and HomeAssistant, any detailed manual or any assistant will be highly appreciated!

Thank you.

Hey. Did you solved your problem? If not, tell me and I’ll write a tutorial for you.