Hi!
I’ve been using Openhab 4.1 and recently I’ve added a new location, I had a hard time making it work on the Model section but today it finally worked.
The problem I have now, it’s weird, I see the new location on my iOS devices but on my laptop I don’t see it in the Pages section, so I can’t control it or change ex: tile colour.
I’ve added my location “ElectronicWorkbench” by clicking on the code tab, it didn’t help.
I’m at lost here, what does I do wrong?
Platform information:
Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
OS: what OS is used and which version
Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
openHAB version:
Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
Please post configurations (if applicable):
Items configuration related to the issue
Sitemap configuration related to the issue
Rules code related to the issue
Services configuration related to the issue
If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
Without more information about how your Items are tagged and Grouped we couldn’t begin to help.
In general, when there are problems with the model, the root cause comes from violating one of the rules of the model.
A Location is a Group
An Equipment is usually a Group
A Point is usually a non-Group Item
Any semantically tagged Item of any type can only be a member of exactly one semantically tagged Group (there is an exception to this that I’ll ignore for now)
A Location Item can have exatctly one semantic tag from the locations list of tags and no other semantic tags
An Equipment can have exactly one semantic tag from the equipment list of tags and no other semantic tags
A Point can have exactly one semantic tag from the point list of tags an optionally exactly one property tag from the list of property tags.
The semantic hiearchy is controlled through Group membership. For example to place a Lamp equipment into the kitchen, one would make that equipment Item be a member of the Item tagged with “kitchen”.
Problems arise when, for example, an equipment is in more than one location at the same time or a dingle Item is tagged with more than the allowed number of semantic tags. It becomes particularly problematic when there are two tags from two incompatible categories at the same time (e.g. an equiupment tag and a point tag on the same Item).
OH 4.2, 4.3, and 5.0 have all introduced a lot of error checking for the semantic model which tell you when you’ve done something impossible. On older versions of OH you are on your own and need to review the model manually for errors like this.