Log file warning - don't understand it

I was looking in the log file today and noticed repeated messages the same as this appearing every 10 seconds.

==> /var/log/openhab/openhab.log <==

2021-05-24 20:51:34.587 [WARN ] [nhab.core.internal.items.ItemUpdater] - NoSuchMethodException while creating Class instance: org.openhab.core.library.types.RawType.()

It didn’t used to be there and everything seems to be working as far as I can tell. I am running Openhabian on a RPi and have upgraded recently to the latest snapshot but that may be unrelated to the warning as I hadn’t checked the log file for day or two.

Any ideas? I can’t interpret the message. Many thanks.

RawType is the type used by Image Items, do you have any of those? If so, what binding(s) are they connected to? If not, what bindings do you have that supports Image Items?

This information would help with locating the cause of the problem

I have two bindings that have image items.
Squeezeboxplayer - this works fine.
Zoneminder for items called Image, Image URL and Video URL.

I haven’t got these to work yet - they just display a grey box so I suppose that is the cause of the warnings in the log?

Sounds like a likely candidate. Before opening an issue it would be good to collect som more info though. Start by setting the binding to debug logging (log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.zoneminder in the karaf console) and see if there are any messages from there around the same time.

Yes it is the zoneminder thing, not sure which item at the moment, or what configuration problem caused the warning but will investigate further.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.