Log filtering

I’m trying to filter out the log messages from moquette that fill up my log like this:

2020-02-19 20:55:43.519 [WARN ] [moquette.spi.impl.SessionsRepository] - Session does not exist. CId=mqtt-explorer-4dce853f

I can find references and examples on how to filter events, but I can’t work out what I need to filter these messages out (which I guess are not events).
I’m assuming I need something like this:

Filtering Rules

log4j2.appender.event.filter..type = RegexFilter
log4j2.appender.event.filter..regex = .(<your_filter_string1>|||).
log4j2.appender.event.filter..onMatch = DENY
log4j2.appender.event.filter..onMisMatch = ACCEPT

but with “event” replaced by something else? I’d be grateful for any advice.

Why?

This indicated your have a problem with your embeded broker.
This broker is now obsolete and the not maintained.
It is strngly recommended that your switch to an other broker. The reference is mosquitto

2 Likes

Thanks for responding. I’m aware that I need to switch to mosquitto before too long. Meanwhile the embedded server has been working fine for me for several months, apart from a large number of inconvenient warning messages. Just at the moment I’m tinkering with a couple of new devices and I’d like to be able to prevent these messages being logged to make it easier to see the useful ones.
I thought it would be easy to set up a logging filter, but looking into it I found I didn’t understand enough about how logging works, so I’d like to understand that.

Hence my request for advice on log filtering, as in the topic heading, rather than about mqtt servers. I was rather hoping someone might point me in the right direction for information about log filtering - I found it hard to find any documentation that helped.