Log:xxx commands broken in console

I noticed that my persistence wasn’t working anymore with following log entries:

[ERROR] [jdbc.internal.JdbcPersistenceService] - JDBC::query: itemRegistry == null. Ignore and give up!

so I removed openhab via apt purge and reinstalled it.
I restored my previous configuration files to /etc/openhab2 and to /var/lib/openhab2 (with exception of /var/lib/openhab2/etc/config.properties, it wouldn’t boot otherwise).

Since then commands related to log (log:list, log:tail etc.) aren’t working anymore in the console.
Error log:

ERROR] [org.apache.karaf.instance.core      ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.apache.karaf.instance.core
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal.osgi.Activator.start() of bundle org.apache.karaf.instance.core.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:800) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:729) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:933) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:309) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:581) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:449) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1634) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1614) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1585) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1528) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230) [?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/karaf/shell/support/RegexCommandLoggingFilter
	at org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal.osgi.Activator.doStart(Activator.java:36) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.start(BaseActivator.java:78) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:779) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:772) ~[?:?]
	... 12 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.karaf.shell.support.RegexCommandLoggingFilter cannot be found by org.apache.karaf.instance.core_4.1.5
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:484) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal.osgi.Activator.doStart(Activator.java:36) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.karaf.util.tracker.BaseActivator.start(BaseActivator.java:78) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:779) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1) ~[?:?]
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:772) ~[?:?]
	... 12 more

I am using the latest snapshot (2.4.0~20180917203244-1) on Ubuntu 18.04.01. My persistence still isn’t working, by the way :slight_smile:

My personal rules for keeping a well-oiled, working system:

1. never use a snapshot build
  2. when you break rule 1, don’t be surprised at the consequences
2 Likes

There is a problem with the latest snapshot and the console. A fix is on the way

Appearantly I like to live dangerously! Good to hear that my installation isn’t broken then.