Login credentials incorrect when establishing connection to Insteon Hub

Hi all,

This is my first post here so go easy on me. This is my first time using OpenHAB and I am trying to connect to a panel of devices that has already been configured on another installation in a college lab. The devices are all Insteon devices and they’re connected to an insteonhub. I am using a fresh install of OpenHAB2 on Windows Server 2012, highly debating switching to a Linux OS.

Anyhow, my insteonplm.cfg looks like this:
port_0=/hub2/username:password@hubIP:25105,poll_time=1000
insteonplm:poll_interval=300000

Whenever I open up the OpenHAB GUI and create a widget, add an item to it then try to adjust it I keep getting the following errors repeating:

2019-03-07 21:23:39.300 [ERROR] [nplm.internal.driver.hub.HubIOStream] - bad username or password. See bottom label of hub for correct login
2019-03-07 21:23:39.300 [ERROR] [nplm.internal.driver.hub.HubIOStream] - got exception while polling: java.io.IOException: login credentials incorrect

Like I’ve mentioned I’m a complete noob to this and just trying to navigate my way through. I have checked with others and the credentials are all correct. I know I’ve missed a step here or something but I figured I should, at the very least, be able to connect to this hub which has already been set up. Any help is appreciated.

IDid you enter the actual username and password from the bottom of the hub?

If you did, does the hub have the latest firmware? There was a firmware that was incompatible with openHAB.

Lastly you are on windows Mae sure you have firewall open! I have been having big issue with this on win 10