Looking for the best z-wave controller for Raspberry Pi 4

No idea, I have never used it.
I recommend to search the forum for answers.

Can you share more details on your network configuration? How many nodes you have (powered/battery). What is your hous/flat structure? Do you use zwave repeaters? Maybe such a device would help in my case.
Do you have problems with including/excluding nodes?
What tools you use to debug the z-wave network, if any?

I decided to try out UZB without the z-way license. Rely on you experience @sihui :slight_smile:

Re debugging:

Use the Z-Wave Network Map
grafik
to get a basic idea about the neighbors of each Z-Wave device. Note that the relationships in the Network Map do not necessarily correspond to routes of the Z-Wave packets. The routing is done by the Z-Wave controller and AFAIK the routes cannot be overridden by the user. You might consider using Zigbee, IIRC max hop is 10 (30 for Zigbee Pro). But if your Z-Wave network spans 4 flloors and you cannot get it to work reliably, I would place the Z-Wave controller on the first or second floor (even if you would have to install additional hardware (UPS, …), it is cheaper than replacing Z-Wave with Zigbee :slight_smile: ).

Thanks for this post.

this is true indeed. Let me check if it works from basement and then eventually move one floor up

25 total, 16 mains powered, 9 battery powered.

2 story, all solid brick, also the inner walls. Around 140 squaremeters.

As said before: zwave is building a mesh network, all mains powered devices are repeaters.

No, never, not even with battery powered devices.

Never had to debug anything, it is just working :grinning:

thx. Let me wait for my new UZB Stick and try it out

Don’t forget an extension cable: