"Low configured threads" warning

Hi Guys

Ive hit this issue and im sure its causing me dramas with bindings not loading. Today the gnu.io unloaded itself magically (i had to reinstall it) and the zwave shut down.

I have this in my runtime.cfg configuration.

My CPU is a Quad core Xeon with 8GB Ram

Has anyone been able to resolve this, it appears to be impacting.

Cheers

Is anyone else noticing a crazy amount of lag on the 2.5 nightly builds? I have rules firing minutes late. The bus itself even seems to be lagging pretty bad based on logs. Iā€™m wondering if these configs need to be changed based on the changes that have been made over the past few months.

Normally fixed in the current snapshot.

Iā€™m on 1621 which is the most current already. Updated yesterday.

Right, the above issue was fixed in 1618. So, clearly thereā€™s something else in play on your system. On which build did you first notice the degradation in performance?

Also, do you have a backup of a build that didnā€™t exhibit the issue? And, if you restore that backup, does the performance issue go away?

I noticed it when I went from M1 to 1603 at first. It then was still present on 1607 and 1613. 1621 is ā€œbetterā€ but still not as it was. 1621 brought the flag from minutes into the 15-30 second range.

Apparently I had 3 issues. First, yes, 1618 fixed the issue. I went back once I found the other two issues and installed 1617, confirmed the issue, and then upgraded to 1618 and confirmed it was gone.

Issue #2, related to this thread, is that there are more threadpool items which need to be updated on larger systems. I also finally figured out the quartz item I was having issues with above. This is the list I have right now, tailor it to your system needs:

org.eclipse.smarthome.threadpool:thingHandler
org.eclipse.smarthome.threadpool:discovery
org.eclipse.smarthome.threadpool:safeCall
org.eclipse.smarthome.threadpool:ruleEngine
org.eclipse.smarthome.threadpool:org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount

org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsShared
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsShared
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:minThreadsCustom
org.eclipse.smarthome.webclient:maxThreadsCustom

org.jupnp:threadPoolSize
org.jupnp:asyncThreadPoolSize

org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdmin:org.apache.felix.eventadmin.ThreadPoolSize

All of it goes into services/runtime.cfg.

Issue #3 was the Neeo IO transport. There is an issue right now with the one that comes in the regular bundle which requires the two jar files to be put into the addons folder. Apparently something with the IO file was causing other services/bindings to not load properly. This was causing a whole other set of issues which made the system look slow.

Thank you all!

Glad you got it sorted out.

Iā€™m familiar with all the above with the exception of the last one (i.e. org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.EventAdmin:org.apache.felix.eventadmin.ThreadPoolSize). In my recent testing, Iā€™ve not seen any degradation in state updates and command processing with that one set to the default, even under exceptionally high load (e.g. 2000 state updates per second).

That one was in there as a dice roll. One of the things I did was go through config:list looking for anything with a thread count. I figured it couldnā€™t hurt to dial it up.