LSC Smart Connect/Tuya binding

Hello,

thanks for work!
Please let us know if door sensors, pir sensors from tuya also works with this binding?
Smth like these

Thanks!

Hi @thisisIO. The LSC sensors unfortunately don’t work with this binding. The sensors are not online all the time, as they are battery operated. Actually, I think a connection to the Tuya Cloud service is necessary for those devices to integrate.

Thanks a lot!
And what about this tuya not battery operated device - https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07VW8D7PB?pf_rd_p=8997cce2-05c4-4359-bdb7-10e52332d836&pf_rd_r=368NAYJVVPX6STASX112
Is there a way?

Wim, I have Ginee bulbs, switch and they work with your addon but sometimes they don’t work and specially if I restart my openhab they show OFFLINE-CONFIGURATION_PENDING on paperui Things so i have to move your file out of addon folder and move it back and then they go online again. Could you help me fix that?

Hi @wvissers,

Do you know if this binding works with tuya thermostat?

Best Regards,
Fernando Gomes

1 Like

Hi @wvissers,

Any idea how I could add the sensor input for the Tuya garage opener? The things works as a switch, but I think I would need a second channel for the sensor input.

Is it working with Openhab 3? I tried to istall it per the jar file in addon directory but even after restart i can not add a Tuya thing. Tuya Binding will not show up.

Got the following error:

2021-04-04 14:14:11.033 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.tuya-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.tuya [246]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:="optional"

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

@MerlinChiodo
This binding never got to a official release. That was almost 1,5 year ago. It’s not been updated since then. So if it works it works, but you can better look for a alternative solution, as there were a lot of stability issues.

Do you have an Amazon echo? Do your lights work with Alexa?
If so, try using smart home devices feature of the echo binding. I got a couple Sunco spot light bulbs and use this method and it works great

Yeah i just have one plug so thats no problem. Im not quiet sure if i want to throw it in the bin and buy an other one + bridge for my cellar mhm

Hi @wvissers !

Would it be possible to use this binding on openHab 3.0?
Or would it be possible for you to upgrade it so it will be? :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Eduard

As mentioned before, the binding was not stable enough, and development discontinued. It will certainly not work in openHAB 3.0 since the binding architecture is different. I don’t own Tuya devices any more, since I reflashed them due to the instabilities mentioned.
The source code is still available at GitHub - wvissers/openhab2-addons-tuya: tuya device properties, so if anyone is interested in porting it to openHAB 3.0 that could be done, but will not solve the stability issues.

https://pages.tuya.com/develop/HomeAssistantBetaTest_V2?_source=e2c3e696bf9f8ce385b20674541d3746

and another thread from this forum about this
https://community.openhab.org/t/new-tuya-home-assistant-for-only-local-use/124885/3

Hmmm… anyone ever develop something new for this? The LSC Wifi Smart Switch is pretty cheap, but I didn’t find a way to connect it to OH3 yet…

Hi @nikagl

No one has continued the development of the lsc binding. As far is I know you van look into ‘Tuya-mqtt’ as this looks like the only possible way to control this bulbs with openhab.

I have ditched my lsc bulbs and only use Ikea. The first lsc bulbs you could flash with a custom firmware ( tasmota ). But unfortunately Tuya changed a few years ago the control chip, so OTA firmware flash isn’t possible anymore.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, I went to IKEA (Utrecht :wink: ) yesterday as well, but decided not to buy the Tradfri (10 euro, good price) as it requires the DIRIGERA hub to be able to control it using the API, which costs 60 euro…

Ikea in utrecht, also my ikea store.
Yes, the new hub is pretty expensive, the old hub was 29,95 and replaced november last year…

I use Deconz/conbee now for 2 years as a zigbee ‘hub’.
Ditched all the brand locked hub’s.
I’m quite happy with that, use it for my Ikea lights, Xiaomi buttons en Tuya blinds motors.

A lot of people use zigbee2mqtt. Thats the most flexible way I think at the moment.

The new Ikea gateway isn’t supported by Openhab at the moment.

If it would have been supported I wouldn’t post it :))