Lupus temperature sensor shows wrong temperature

Hi,

I just added a new Lupus temperature sensor, but unfortunately openhab display a temperature of 25,79Β°C, which is approx. 5 degrees too high.

Can I be sure that the sensor is broken or is there any good way to debug, maybe even fix it?

Best,
Tobias.

With the (lack of) information you have provided? No. Look especially at #6 & 10.

How to ask a good question / Help Us Help You - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

Thanks for the comment, would you have a suggestion for a good topic title? What are you exactly missing? It contains manufacturer, the hardware type, the problem occuring. Happy to add something.

Regarding #10, I’ll add some environment information, even when I’m not sure what the CPU or RAM is relevant for this topic. But I respect the board rules.

If you still could add a hint how to debug a temperature sensor, that would be highly appreciated. :wink:

things like
What version of openHAB?
What binding or protocol? A brand name is not sufficient.
Sometimes what OS / hardware platform is relevant.

You gave us nothing to advise with.

If the temp is consistently 5 degrees off then apply a temp offset of 5 degrees. You may can do this via PaperUI (click the more button to see all options) or use a rule with a proxy item to display the corrected temp.