The 2.5.0.M6 milestone build was released today, and according to Kai’s release planning announcement, this will be the last milestone build before the 2.5.0.RC1 release candidate comes out on December 8th. I’m not planning to make any more updates to the Lutron binding before 2.5.0 except for fixes for any reported bugs (of which there are none right now).
There have been a lot of changes to the binding since the 2.4.0 release, so I’d like to ask all Lutron binding users to please try to load the 2.5.0.M6 and 2.5.0.RC1 versions and test them! There is no way that I can test all Lutron system/device combinations myself, so assuring a bug-free 2.5.0 release of the binding can only be done with your help!
Here is a summary of what’s new in the Lutron binding since 2.4.0:
New device support:
- Added support for seeTouch CL hybrid keypad models to the keypad thing.
- Added support for HomeWorks QS International seeTouch keypads using new intlkeypad thing.
- Added support for the Lutron QSE-IO IO interface for HomeWorks QS systems using new qsio thing.
- Added support for GRAFIK Eye QS front panel keypads when used in Lutron RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS systems using new grafikeyekeypad thing.
- Added support for Lutron Sivoia QS Venetian Blinds and Horizontal Sheer Blinds using new blind thing. This is currently marked as experimental, since it has had very little testing so far. I encourage anyone who has Lutron blinds to please test it out and report back.
- Added support for Lutron Palladiom keypads used in HomeWorks QS systems using the new palladiomkeypad thing.
- Added support for the QS Wallbox Closure Interface (WCI) used in HomeWorks QS systems using the new wci thing.
- Added support for the LQSE-4M-D motor controller using the existing shade thing.
Discovery support for additional load types:
- Fluorescent DB
- 0 to 10 V
- Ceiling fan
Other new features and improvements:
- Added discovery of keypad models for all supported RadioRA 2/HomeWorks QS keypads.
- Added new discoveryfile parameter to ipbridge thing. This allows reading the DbXmlInfo.xml configuration file used by discovery for RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS systems from a local filesystem, rather than retrieving it directly from the Lutron bridge device via HTTP. This can be used to work around a problem with the embedded web server in some older HomeWorks QS software versions that prevents the binding from retrieving the XML file directly. It is also useful for development and testing purposes.
- Added new delay parameter to ipbridge thing for command rate throttling. This can be used to work around a rare problem with large Caseta systems.
- The bridge discovery code now defines several useful ipbridge properties such as vendor, model, firmware version, and MAC address.
- Improved exception handling and error reporting in discovery sevices.
- Reduced logging levels of many discovery and ipbridge log messages.
- Changed discovery timeouts.
- Extensive documentation updates.
- Fixed an issue reported by users where with some keypad/system combinations a keypad button channel could become stuck in the on (pressed) state when a user held down a button.
- Fix for keypad/VCRX CCI channels.
- Fix for malformed responses from Caseta systems that could prevent response messages from being recognized by the binding.
- Fixed shade handler position updates after up/down commands.
I’m also interested in reports of documentation errors, or suggestions for doc improvements.
Thanks, and enjoy!