Lutron Connected Bulb Remote -> Hue Bridge -> OpenHAB -> ZWave bulbs

Hello,

Is it physically possible to use a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote to control devices in my OpenHAB system?

My setup:

Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspian Jessie
OpenHAB 1.8.3
Philips Hue Bridge
Some GE Connected bulbs
A ZWave bulb

I have successfully paired an Aeon Labs/Aeotec Minimote to my system and can control a mixture of pure ZWave bulbs and GE Connected bulbs via the Hue Bridge, so I am confident that my system is functional.

I am moving over from a Wink Hub system and have a handful of Lutron Connected Bulb Remote Controls laying around that I would love to use.

My assumption is that the Lutron Remote would communicate by ZigBee to the Hue Bridge, send a command to the Hue Bridge, the Hue Bridge would pass that command along to the Rasperry Pi 3 running OpenHAB 1.8.3, and the RasPi would interpret/process the command and do whatever I want it to.

I’m on my 3rd day of trying to figure this out, I’ve already watched all the videos on YouTube and I think I’ve exhausted my search on the OpenHAB community for posts.

Thanks,

Nick

I’ve been looking for a way to do this as well. I was even thinking it might be possible to hookup a USB Zigbee hub to the Pi instead of going through a 3rd party bridge.